Eyeball issue?

Today I saw that my chameleon had an eyeball issue. His eye seemed link of wrinkled in a way and more closed than the other. I had wiped away some goop coming out of it a few days ago. Getting him to a vet soon… what is this??
B87F3F99-6DCF-4DE0-AB2D-80B1E2A0A1A5.jpeg

Attachments

• 1FCB0D45-0328-4DF4-819E-BEE89E91974D.jpeg
    1FCB0D45-0328-4DF4-819E-BEE89E91974D.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 51
Looks like has goop stuck between his eye and lid, making it look like it has an extra wrinkle. A vet is definitely the best action as he may have an infection or something trapped that needs to be flushed out.

Looks like has goop stuck between his eye and lid, making it look like it has an extra wrinkle. A vet is definitely the best action as he may have an infection or something trapped that needs to be flushed out.
Any way to flush it out myself? Can I level up the humidity and spraying or do anything?

Best bet is always a vet when you are not experienced in reptiles. You will never alter humidity it should always be at their recommended range which is typically considered 40-50% daytime levels. You can provide a longer misting session to see if the baby is able to flush it out on its own.

I had similar happen to my Panther. Turned out to be a two-fold issue. Vitamin A and a need for better misting/watering. Chameleons clean their eyes in the rain/heavy dew. Panthers in particular will flush their eyes periodically. If the humidity is too low or they can't get enough water they can have eye issues. Lack of vitamin A can also cause very similar issues that can mimic an eye infection. Definitely find a veterinarian experienced with chameleons. Good luck. FWIW adding a rain dome to my Cham's enclosure + supplemental vitamin A did the trick. Of course we're speaking of two completely different chameleons. Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom