Eye problems

Bfrazi

Woke up today and saw that my veiled appox 5months old had a weird gunk in his eye. I give him some water and he drank like crazy so thought it may have been a water problem. I mist 3 to 4 times daily and make sure he drinks. I came home to not just one eye but both eyes are gunked up. So I decided I would take him to the shower and we were in there for about 15 min. He loved it btw. I noticed the gunk was breaking up so I used a qtip and gently helped him out and managed to get it out. He instantly changed from dark brown to a vivid green color and i took him to his enclosure which is 18x18x36 cage humidity is at 60% temp is 83f he at a bunch of crickets with rep vitamins and hes currently doing good. Any ideas what is going in??

Here he is chillin

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    265 KB · Views: 203
Oh and i noticed a white flap of skin under his leg looks like a piece of shed. My leos do that sometimes.

Gunk in his eyes is gone now looked almost like an eye booger. Flap of skin is also gone now he must have rubbed it off.

Gunk in his eyes is gone now looked almost like an eye booger. Flap of skin is also gone now he must have rubbed it off.

Alright, how long are your misting periods. And you stated he ate crickets with Rep Vitamins, is that all you dust them with?

Misting goes for about 3-4minutes. I use calcium with feedings too. Every 2 weeks I use a little bit of the rep vitamins mixed with his calcium.

The other day he was squinting and rubbing his eye on a branch

Could possibly be can eye or sinus infection, keep an eye on it and look for a small bump in between, if more gunk appears or anything along those lines a vet checkup may be needed.

Update on Rango...
He is tons better no more eye stuff.
Not so friendly though. Hes not drinking like he should though kinda concerned about that.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    404.5 KB · Views: 170
Back
Top Bottom