Eye problem

Tammie3luvs

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - 5 month old Male veiled
Handling - daily
Feeding - 8-10 medium crickets and mill worms. 4-5 in the morning and 4-5 in the afternoon. Millworms as wanted. crickets gut loaded with flukes high calcium cricket diet.
Supplements- repticalcium dusted before put in cricket holder. Zoomeds reptivite dusted before feeding.
Watering - misting at least every 2 hrs for 1-2 mins. Do observe drinking.
Fecal Description - black with white ends, has not been tested
History - no history.
Cage Info:
Cage Type - ,Screen 16"×16"×30" just changed from eco carpet to eco soil. Fake plants and vines.
Temperature - 95° baking to 75° floor measured with a digital thermometer.
Humidity- not measured
Plants - no live planta
Placement - our living room. Air vent on floor, ceiling fan in room. 5'5" from floor to top of cage.
Location - central Texas.
Current Problem - he is scratching his eye and acting like he cant see out of it. It is moving but not opening all the way.

20190129_232853.jpg

Female. I'd find and make a vet appointment for that eye.

What is your supplement schedule and when are you dusting the feeders? Are you dusting before you feed or before you put the feeders in the cricket enclosure?

Basking temp is too hot. Aim for 87-89*F at the basking branch.

You did not mention any UVB lighting... Do you have a UVB light source? If so, how old is the UVB bulb and what kind is it?

Female. I'd find and make a vet appointment for that eye.

What is your supplement schedule and when are you dusting the feeders? Are you dusting before you feed or before you put the feeders in the cricket enclosure?

Basking temp is too hot. Aim for 87-89*F at the basking branch.

You did not mention any UVB lighting... Do you have a UVB light source? If so, how old is the UVB bulb and what kind is it?

Yes I have uvb lighting heat lamp bulb is 1 month old the day light is just a couple of days old. How can tell it's a female, it has the bulge.we are dusting the crickets when I first purchase and put in the keeper then we dust with an additional supplement before feeding. Recheck temp its 89.

Bulge doesn’t apply to veilds. We can just look at coloration and casque shape/size and have a pretty good feel for the sex, been doing this for a while...
DCCC9474-CE59-4CBB-BB78-D01E982730DA.jpeg
F81EC7E0-5F0A-4A29-B6FE-6EF08B2CBABF.jpeg
78DA4AFC-95BC-40AA-B822-9655711006D0.jpeg
4BE60C23-0CD6-44BE-B8F1-4D9B3543FE58.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom