Eye Problem! Dehydrated?? not sure help please.

ChameleonRave

Avid Member
Well I just got home and went to mist my chams and i checked in on delilah and she is shedding looks like long socks coming off her legs, but i seen her eye it looks puffy.
any input? I will be scheduling a vet app. if need be.
I have her dripper going and misted her and i have a humidifier in her room.
sorry about the pictures they are really bad D: I'll get some better ones soon.
Thanks Zac

Last edited:
i had same problem with my panther cham put her in a shower room temp
under water NOT TOUCHING THE WATER just let the steam get her damp
not too wet keep her in there for a half hour check on her every 5 min
they dont like you watching them. do this 1 time a day until she better
that helped me

Hey hun...Try putting her in the shower for 20-30 minutes..NOT directly under the shower head though..Aim the water towards the wall so it just "mists" on her...Hope that helps..I really couldn't see anything in the pics..You NEED a better camera..lol If you have any other questions, you know where to find me..good luck.

Hey hun...Try putting her in the shower for 20-30 minutes..NOT directly under the shower head though..Aim the water towards the wall so it just "mists" on her...Hope that helps..I really couldn't see anything in the pics..You NEED a better camera..lol If you have any other questions, you know where to find me..good luck.

Thanks Debbie! I will try the shower. I have a mist setting on my shower head and its a fine mist. could I just used that? I don't have any big plant so I would probably have to hold her.

How's Delilah doing today? Any improvement?

I didn't really get so her much this morning as I was getting ready for school. I turned on her lights and misted her down but she was turned away from me. I kind of seen her eye and it looks a little better but not much. today she is getting a shower as soon as i get home.

A plant is ideal. But if you dont have one you could use rope or extra vines and attach them to something so that they are secure. The cham can stay on its vine and let the steam and mist run over them. Ive used those in a pinch when I didnt want to move a heavy plant into the house and have dirt in my shower afterwards.

Personally I cant see anything from your pics. But if the eye looks lumpy it could be a foreign object in the turret. In which case I'd try flushing with plain saline.

A plant is ideal. But if you dont have one you could use rope or extra vines and attach them to something so that they are secure. The cham can stay on its vine and let the steam and mist run over them. Ive used those in a pinch when I didnt want to move a heavy plant into the house and have dirt in my shower afterwards.

Personally I cant see anything from your pics. But if the eye looks lumpy it could be a foreign object in the turret. In which case I'd try flushing with plain saline.

thanks for the idea, I will look around for some :)

Back
Top Bottom