Eye Issues

Khrysjam

Luna is having some weird eye issues. It’s almost like her eye is stuck? She shed not too long ago so I’m not sure if it’s stuck shed or debris stuck in her eye. I’ve never seen it like this before.

There is a delay in getting into the vet so I thought I’d ask for advice on what to do in the meantime. Any help is appreciated!

She’s still eating normally. FYI.

Attachments

• 2CD5613A-D3FD-499E-A1C0-4EDF3CE2C712.jpeg
    2CD5613A-D3FD-499E-A1C0-4EDF3CE2C712.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 8DBADDE4-5A71-4CB9-A4FF-F149B434DCAE.jpeg
    8DBADDE4-5A71-4CB9-A4FF-F149B434DCAE.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 53
Yes that doesn’t look good. I wonder if we can use saline eye drops in chams eyes like we do in humans. I’m just not sure but if someone on here can say if it’s safe or not I might try that. I usually would never give advise on eye issues but you said you can’t get your Cham into the vet for awhile. This is the only thing I can think of but again only if someone can tell us if this is safe to do. Let’s tag in a couple people on this.
@MissSkittles @Beman @kinyonga

Hi. I’ll say make your vet appointment. She could have a particle of shed stuck in her eye which may or may not work itself out. If it’s the same eye that was a problem for her before, it could have something to do with that. Could be something entirely new. What multivitamin have you been using?

Hi. I’ll say make your vet appointment. She could have a particle of shed stuck in her eye which may or may not work itself out. If it’s the same eye that was a problem for her before, it could have something to do with that. Could be something entirely new. What multivitamin have you been using?
That’s the frustrating part is it’s the eye that didn’t have any problems so I don’t have a clue what it could be. She gets Reptivite without D3 on the 1st and 15th every month.

That’s the frustrating part is it’s the eye that didn’t have any problems so I don’t have a clue what it could be. She gets Reptivite without D3 on the 1st and 15th every month.
chams need with D3 twice a month you might have it backwards I might be wrong tho.. @Beman knows better but I use Repashy loD 2x a month and repash supercal noD every feeding :)

Need a really good chameleon vet and you do not want to wait... This would be more urgent. Anything affecting vision for a chameleon is a big deal. Hopefully your vet will see you sooner.

Back
Top Bottom