eye infection

Ok guys I don't know how I did it but I did it good. I got him to climb on my arm and as he was occupied doing that, I let the drop hang from the squirter and then just hit his eye with the drop if you know what I mean. He started blinking after that. He was running fine after I was done.

a drop isn't enough.... you need to rinse his eye out.... a steady stream of fluid into his eye, under the eyelid. That is how you clean out the gunk inside.

his eyes were full of water though the drops would just fall out....ill do it tomorrow i guess hes sleeping now....

his eyes were full of water though the drops would just fall out....ill do it tomorrow i guess hes sleeping now....

Yes, the eyes will puff with fluid and then start to flow out... you are rinsing the eyes out, you are pushing fluid in and moving it around and then it flow back out. The goal is to loosen up and remove gunk that is in the eye. a drop isn't gonna work.

...my chameleons eyes is sunken and he was flushing it 10 times a minutes. it seems there is water in there and something was developing like residue. now his eye is swollen compared to the other eye...
Howdy,

Let's get back to the basics of the question for a moment :eek:.

A couple of the choices here are infection, debris or injury. If it is an infection, you'll want to vist your vet right away. If it is an injury, the same thing goes. If it is debris then you can take a shot at fixing it yourself.

Regarding debris in the eye, as Kevin said, the effect that you are trying to create is to fill the gap between the eyeball and the eyelid with a large amount of saline solution in order to FLUSH out any debris either out the eye slit or at least away from the eyeball by letting it go to the extra space behind it. This flushing effect is created by a constant, tight stream of saline solution aimed at the eye slit. It may take several seconds (and several ounces spilling on the floor) of the stream entering the eye slit for the eyelid to expand away from the eyeball. Fill it up and let it drain away for a moment. Fill it again. While it is filled, you can carefully rub the eyelid to work loose and away any debris from its current location. If the eye is infected, you can still rinse the eye once but you'll want to then apply the ophthamolic medication prescribed by your vet.

Alright man thanks for the detail.... Once again I'm gonna have to do it in the morning... If he let's me to :p

I tried doing it guys... But the stream thing didn't work. I did however put about 2 drops in his eyes and he flushed foe about 3 minutes straight. I can see he is better already because he's running around more and eating more.

Ok people I think it worked. All the little guy needed was some eye drops to make his eye feel better. I gave him drops 2 times a day for 2 days. Now he looks much better and is kind of eating more. He is running more as well.

I think success guys... And he is not flushing his eyes anymore....:)

Back
Top Bottom