eye help

waterpolowes

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon -Panther. hes like a 20% mix of a few different kinds. Male and have had him for about 2 years. first 2 months not in my care.

Handling - mayyybe once a month.

Feeding - as of now super worms 3-5 every other day.

Supplements - repcal calcium without d 3 twice a week. multi vitamin once a month. calcium with d 3 every 2-3 weeks.

Watering - Do you see your chameleon drinking? I spray 2-3 times a day for 3 minutes each. also have a drippper. used to have a fogger as well but it broke a week ago.

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? brown with white end piece and no testing.

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - screen 4x3x3 feet
Lighting - reptisun 5.0
Temperature - 85 basking spot 80 degree cage temp. low at night is around 78 becasue its so hot
Humidity - I used to have a fogger but it has recently died.
Plants - 3 umbrella plants
Placement - in non used room in house. next to window fairly low to ground
Location - Where are you geographically located? southern California

Current Problem - so lorenzo (chameleon) has his left eye completely shut for the past 2 days. There is no abses or anything around his eye it just looks closed like when hes sleeping. Id take a picture but hes asleep right now. ill put one up tomorrow. Any ideas

okay yeah I was thinking the same. Its been dry and really hot out lately. I tried that today, but tomorrow will give it a better go.

Just to add besides the eye issue. Super worms are little fat bombs. I wouldn't feed them regularly every other day. And chameleons love variety in feeders, there are lots more to choose than just worms or crickets. And I would suggest to bring a fecal of your chameleon to your vet periodically, although he has no intestinal problems yet (-> prevention).

If the eye issue doesn't improve with higher humidity, I would take him to the vet. Could imagine he has some foreign material under the eye lid, too or even another problem. Does he keep it shut all day long or only opened for a short time?

Back
Top Bottom