Eye closed

B Do

I am having this same problem but the eye looks heathy. He will open it occasionally. It doesn't look crusty or dry. The chameleon (Wyatt) is 9 months and is handled about once a week. He is sprayed often. He has a 3 foot by 3 foot by 18 inches. I dust crickets (no d3) he has a uv bulb about 6 inches from the cage (I know this is close but the cage gets too cold) and I have 2 heat lamps about 6 inches as well. Wyatt eats well and doesn't seem in pain but if you guys have any suggestions.

I know others have had this problem but I haven't seen clear answers. If you guys need photos I can take some

How often do you mist him? Should be misted at least 3 times a day for about 5 mins each time. Chameleons drink water from the leafs, he could have some left over shed on his eye that's bothering him. If there's ever any left over shed from the previous shed then that means he isn't getting enough water.

Give it a few days before you worry about it too much. My cham had eye problems for a few days and it went away on his own, could just be a piece of dirt or whatever stuck in there and it takes a couple days to find itself out. If it starts swelling too much or lasts for more than a couple days then start to worry.

Please post some recent photos and answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread at the top of the health forum.

Back
Top Bottom