Eye closed after misting

As of right now, he's opening them both most of the day. But sometimes he will have his right eye closed. Before it was his left. He hasn't lost his appetite (which is one thing we had heard to keep an eye on). And when his enclosure gets misted, he is rotating his eyes around in the socket.

I will try and get some updated photos of him when I get home tonight. He jsust got a cage upgrade (from a medium to an XL [unintentional on that size, the shop guy sold us the XL cage at the L cage price. ]).

When we first got him, he had the coiled 10.0 UVB bulb that came with the starter kit. That was for maybe 3 weeks? Now he's on the linear bulb.

My apologies on completely missing your question! I feel so rude now. I took his photo with my crappy camera phone, so those are actually his white side markings.
No problem...just a fresh set of eyes sometimes sees things others miss. Happy it was nothing.

@greenchamelons said... "I’m not sure what you are implying when you ask me how long and what species do I keep"... I read your threads and you seem to be losing babies and lost the mother too and yet you seem to give people quite a bit of good advice....but some of the advice I'm finding difficult to understand and some I don't agree with.

You said..."The reason I say check out the place where your chameleon is native to is the bacteria in its natural conditions is not as prominent "... IMHO your meaning is unclear. I think you mean that if you set up the chameleon like the environment in it's place of origin the set up you create will have less bacteria because it will mimic the wild...but if that's what you're saying it's not clear. This is not necessarily so anyway because different bacteria have different temperature and humidity ranges that they can exist in, so some bacteria may turn up in the environment you set up here because they can exist in it...not sure if that's clear enough. No matter what we do for the chameleon's here it will never be like their real wild native environment. We can't provide the same insect...the water will always have different percentages of nutrients in here....the sun will never be the same strength...so although it's a good idea to try to imitate the native environment it's almost impossible. I do still look at the native environment myself because information like temperature, soil temperatures and rainfall, etc can be useful.

You said..."from my experience they usually don’t drink from misting unless they are under a leaf due to it getting in their eyes"...in my experience veiled chameleons and many other species do drink when being misted...they drink as the warm water sprays gently on them and then they drink off the leaves when it stops spraying.

Looks like I'll be taking Tillman to a vet as soon as I can get an appointment He's alternating his eyes being closed. He still has a strong grip and reacts when you touch his body, but he didn't eat his usual amount of crickets. Think he just ate 2 or 3. I don't want to wait to see if he "gets back to normal" if it means also taking a chance of him getting worse.
Hurts knowing we may have made him sick or something without realizing it. Hope the lil guy can get some help. Guess we'll be eating cereal for a while so we can afford it!

Attachments

• IMG_20180218_135644068.jpg
    IMG_20180218_135644068.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 58
I like cereal...better than bugs!:ROFLMAO: Seriously, I'm sorry Tillman isn't doing so good. I think the vet option is your best bet.(y)

@greenchamelons said... "I’m not sure what you are implying when you ask me how long and what species do I keep"... I read your threads and you seem to be losing babies and lost the mother too and yet you seem to give people quite a bit of good advice....but some of the advice I'm finding difficult to understand and some I don't agree with.

You said..."The reason I say check out the place where your chameleon is native to is the bacteria in its natural conditions is not as prominent "... IMHO your meaning is unclear. I think you mean that if you set up the chameleon like the environment in it's place of origin the set up you create will have less bacteria because it will mimic the wild...but if that's what you're saying it's not clear. This is not necessarily so anyway because different bacteria have different temperature and humidity ranges that they can exist in, so some bacteria may turn up in the environment you set up here because they can exist in it...not sure if that's clear enough. No matter what we do for the chameleon's here it will never be like their real wild native environment. We can't provide the same insect...the water will always have different percentages of nutrients in here....the sun will never be the same strength...so although it's a good idea to try to imitate the native environment it's almost impossible. I do still look at the native environment myself because information like temperature, soil temperatures and rainfall, etc can be useful.

You said..."from my experience they usually don’t drink from misting unless they are under a leaf due to it getting in their eyes"...in my experience veiled chameleons and many other species do drink when being misted...they drink as the warm water sprays gently on them and then they drink off the leaves when it stops spraying.[/QUOTE

Give me some examples of what you don’t agree with like all of them then? The mother was 5 years old just to let you know. I’ve asked people on here for information and got nothing much really so by my own research do I know things just a heads up. I’ve already contacted the forum to delete my account if that would please you it is already a done deal.

@kinyonga Give me some examples of what you don’t agree with like all of them since it’s wrong it’s wrong? The mother was 5 years old just to let you know. I’ve asked people on here for information and got nothing much really so by my own research do I know some mthings just a heads up. I’ve already contacted the forum to delete my account if that would please you it is already a done deal.

For the issue of trying to keep him hydrated, I will spray the leaves in my chameleon's cage and then place him down in the leaves so that he knows that the leaves are wet. Also idk how to post pics on this and could you tell me how if you have the chance?

For the issue of trying to keep him hydrated, I will spray the leaves in my chameleon's cage and then place him down in the leaves so that he knows that the leaves are wet. Also idk how to post pics on this and could you tell me how if you have the chance?

We're trying to get him to know where his dripper is. Yesterday he figured it out and rank for like 5-6 seconds it seemed. And drank some more a bit later from a lettuce leaf.

When you type your message there should be an "upload a file" button. Click on that and it should let you do it.

@Heisenberg the chameleon Your chameleon does not need your help to figure out that there is water on the leaves. Please do not handle them to bring them to the water... That is unnecessary and just going to stress them out and lead them to not trust you.

Back
Top Bottom