eye bulge

alan23

ws just feeding my cham and i saw him rub his head on branch and looked like his eye then his eye bulged i paniced for bit then i looked bak and it ws normal again is this normal or is something up bit worried bt the is ok now?:(

It sounds like its a totally normal thing, just make sure he doesnt make a habbit of it. i was told that its just there way of hydrating there eyes.

thanks
-Jake

It sounds like its a totally normal thing, just make sure he doesnt make a habbit of it. i was told that its just there way of hydrating there eyes.

thanks
-Jake

Just in case you misunderstand Jake when he says it is a method of 'hydrating' their eyes, eye-bulging is the way they usually clean their eyes.
Eye-bulging most often happens when they are being sprayed with water, and they sometimes rub their eyes on a wet branch or leaf to finish the job.

As Jake said, it's only a problem if the cham continues to do it throughout the day, or starts to keep his eye closed, or have trouble closing his eye. In that case there may be something irritating his eye.

oh right its weird i ws like blimey rocky lol i ws hoping i didnt have to take him to vet he aint sone it since well when i seen him he aint thanks for telling me put my mind at rest now :)

same here

Every chameleon i have ever had does this when i mist them so im pretty sure its ok i have no idea why they do it though haha it looks really funny when my baby panther does it.

lol

yeah the same was happening to me i was worried at first but then i found out about the hydrating hes eye things so its all cool ; )

Oh god. Glad I found this. My boy Khal Drogo did this twice when I was feeding him. I got so effing scared. Ahh thanks for this thread. I can breathe now

Back
Top Bottom