Extremely stupid question but

m1les

Your supposed to turn off panther chameleons lights at night right...? Please just answer yes or no don’t drill me for asking.

Ok don't personally dont do this and there is still light in the room for few hours after lights out as in living room.
Just dont use the colour night lights aa they are for other species ?

If your cage is heavily planted your panther will be able to sleep behind them and it will drown out the lights. That said, you may want to look at possibly moving the lights that will be on so they don't shine directly into the cage, or put up a room divider to cut down on the light.

If your cage is heavily planted your panther will be able to sleep behind them and it will drown out the lights. That said, you may want to look at possibly moving the lights that will be on so they don't shine directly into the cage, or put up a room divider to cut down on the light.
this is true my chameleons always tuck behind their pothos' after i turn their lights off. their plants block the lighting that gets in their cages

Do you recommend that I put a blanket over the cage if there is going to be some light in the room?
No. As long as the lights aren't right next to and shining directly into the enclosure, it would be like ambient moon & star light in the wild.

As others have said, sufficient foliage will also give him a place to hide.

When I lived in a smaller apartment I bought a black out blind and cut it to the size of the side of Nosy's enclosure.. It wasnt pitch black, but along with the plants in his cage it shaded ambient light / tv light significantly while maintaining airflow.

Back
Top Bottom