Extreme Makeover - Malcolm's Cage Edition

deadhd5

Avid Member
Malcolm's cage was due for a good cleaning, so I decided to spruce up his place with some new plants. Let me know what you think!

I added an additional bend a branch at the bottom after seeing this photo and how much space was freed up in the bottom third of his pad.
NX1000

NX1000

Malcolm checking out the new interior design

NX1000

That is a wonderful makeover. I also love the orchids. If they do well for you let me know and I may try a few of my orchids in cages. Great job.

Very nice, I love the orchids.

That is a wonderful makeover. I also love the orchids. If they do well for you let me know and I may try a few of my orchids in cages. Great job.

Thanks!

I love the added color and the cool root system of the orchids and so far so good. I put two in Moe's cage about a month ago and they haven't lost any blooms or leaves yet. I am using phalaenopsis orchids and I just point a mistking nozzle at their roots and let them get wet 4x a day (30min total). The true test will be long term endurance and if they will regrow a flower shoot once the flowers they came with fall off.

I am happy to report that Malcolm really like the remodel! He has slept right on the orchid stems the last couple of nights :)

Back
Top Bottom