Extreme Home Makeover: Pygmy Edition

Lizardlover

I don't post much about my brevs, but today i decided to wipe out the whole tank and start over from scratch. Theres before and after pictures as well as the happy inhabitants ;)
Before
DSC06369.jpg

After
DSC06374.jpg

DSC06377.jpg

and the brevs.

(almost escaped)
DSC06372.jpg

DSC06368.jpg

DSC06366.jpg

DSC06361.jpg

DSC06360.jpg

I like it Danny, those Brevs are healthy too! The more I see of them, the more I like them. Thanks for sharing. :D

in my experience with dart frog vivariums poop was never a problem as long as the enclosure was big enough, there was enough plants and drainage you just mist it clean.

Looks like a nice setup. You'll get less glare if you take pic at an angle to the glass [not straight on]. Why do brevs always look so smug? Very thoughtfull of you to give them their own remote, i'll bet they watch animal planet

Where did my post go! Grrrr. Anyway, I wanted to say great job Danny. I finally finished changing my terrarium and I think I would rather clean my cricket cage. Only found 2 isopods but I think I got a bunch of springtails. Let's hope your pot idea works and I get some cause I only found 2 in my terrarium.

Look great Danny. In the last 2 pics that female looks gravid. I say this because that's how mine looked before she laid the eggs. I hope thats the case

Looks like a nice setup. You'll get less glare if you take pic at an angle to the glass [not straight on]. Why do brevs always look so smug? Very thoughtfull of you to give them their own remote, i'll bet they watch animal planet

Thanks, I normally wouldnt even use flash but Im not used to using my mom's camera.I prefer my olympus;). Just the other day I was wondering why my TV wasn't on the channel I had left it on.

Where did my post go! Grrrr. Anyway, I wanted to say great job Danny. I finally finished changing my terrarium and I think I would rather clean my cricket cage. Only found 2 isopods but I think I got a bunch of springtails. Let's hope your pot idea works and I get some cause I only found 2 in my terrarium.

Thanks. It can be pretty time consuming changing out a whole enclosure. As for the pot, I cant guarantee it will work fast, but every few days I check it and can gather atleast 10 isopods.

Look great Danny. In the last 2 pics that female looks gravid. I say this because that's how mine looked before she laid the eggs. I hope thats the case

Thanks, if you look closely you can see egg bumps.

Danny every time I look at your work I see yet again evidence of the careful, consistent job you do with your chameleons. I don't know what you plan for a career but it should include the detail, and methods you bring to your reptile care. You could consider a career in something related to reptiles because you have a gift. Combine what you love with earning a living, my idea of win / win.

Sorry to say, but in my opinion this enclosure isn't high and big enough for three R.brevicaudatus. They live in habitats over the forest floor itself, in bushes, up to three meters high. Minus they ground itself they have 20 ? cms to climb. And this is not ok.

Sorry to say, but in my opinion this enclosure isn't high and big enough for three R.brevicaudatus. They live in habitats over the forest floor itself, in bushes, up to three meters high. Minus they ground itself they have 20 ? cms to climb. And this is not ok.

Thanks for your opinion. But I have been keeping them like this for some time successfully and that is how most people keep them. Some not even that spacious. If I noticed problems with them I would fix those problems.

they have 33 cm in the high part of their enclosure, and 29 cm in the low part. and this is talking height, they have 60+ cm in lenght, and 34 cm in width.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom