Extra Heat?

lthrbecks

Established Member
Just checking, if anyone uses additional heat in their mesh enclosure? My temp is a steady 23°C. Figaro has been basking under his heat bulb quite a bit today.

I've heard some use a heat mat, but i didn't think that was ever necessary.

My final point... How on earth can bring wires, leads, tubes etc through a Reptibreeze meash enclosure?

I would never ever use a heat mat for a chameleon.
Also, why do you need your cords to go through the enclosure??

So, iused a misting bracket to mount my mister, and then made a little puncture hole where the opening was...just barely big enough to fit the tube. I also used a misting bracket on the other side for my thermometer to go through and made a tiny puncture in the screen.

Where is that temp in your enclosure? top,middle bottom......there needs to be gradients of temps

Its on the door in the middle. I'd a, 100w arcadia halogen basking light but it went up to a mighty 35°C. Some say that's ok for a veiled cam

I wouldnt put the fogger through the screen, just from past experience..,the tube is too large and it pulls the puncture hole wider. Also the escaped feeders can get into the tube. I would just mount it to the outside of the screen if you can.

Hiya
I'm not actually going to be using a fogger. I'm bed bound so i can mist any time day or night. I haven't left the house since January 16th! Mobility issues unfortunately ?

Please see attached photo of the enclosure reading. Every thermometer gives a slightly different reading! Bizarre.

There are two temperature readings. I'm not sure which is correct!

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• IMG_20200830_171722.jpg
    IMG_20200830_171722.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 44
35c is too hot for a veiled. And Im not sure which temp is correct...did that thermometer come with directions?

I make sure there is a thermometer at the basking spot (hottest spot) , at the middle, and in the lower portion of the enclosure. And my basking spot is on a thermostat. I use the herpstat.

I think I'll replace the current bulb with the Arcadia 100w halogen bulb, in order to raise the temperature. I'll use something to raise the light a few inches higher up. Hopefully that'll work. I noticed this morning, he'd his mouth open, just before he moved away.

My final point... How on earth can bring wires, leads, tubes etc through a Reptibreeze meash enclosure?

I like these. They “seal” the hole in the screen and you can pass wires through them. I use ‘em for probe wires.

Attachments

• 90F103B3-41AC-4284-B6DB-42AAE20AB3CF.png
    90F103B3-41AC-4284-B6DB-42AAE20AB3CF.png
    269.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 01910837-FAFC-44AF-9BD7-BD86A8F82C8E.png
    01910837-FAFC-44AF-9BD7-BD86A8F82C8E.png
    205.6 KB · Views: 63
Back
Top Bottom