Extra Feeders

FancyRaptor

I was wondering what everyone's recommendations are for feeders besides staple feeders (crickets, dubias, etc.) I have the staple feeders just wanted to get my Male Veiled some extra feeders as treats and to give him a variety.

I'm not sure if you are talking strictly buying bugs or culturing. I enjoy culturing the insects so I'm including both.

Black soldier fly larvae (calci worms, Phoenix worms, repti worms) are supposed to be one of the most nutritious feeders available.

Silkworm eggs seem to be very economical. Coastal silk worms offers free shipping on eggs. 250 are like $10 or $12. If you order them with an ice pack, you can put them in the fridge and hatch as needed.

Stick bugs are fun. Not the most prolific. Andee sells them when available in the classifieds section.

Horn worms are pricey but chams love them.

Bean beetles are easy and good for small chams.

Different roaches such as green banana and orange heads are more active and stimulate feeding. I have yet to figure out if the nutrition differs between species but it will help stop them from getting bored.

Blue bottle flies keep well as spikes (larvae). I've never seen anything stimulate feeding response like flying insects. Pretty cheap too.

Back
Top Bottom