Expert opinion needed please

I'm back trying to get confirmation that I am either right or crazy. Like many we wanted a male ambilobe, paid extra of course, but I'm 100% sure it's a female. The breeder keeps saying it's male. She is very healthy, I'll give him that. I really need your help, please save my sanity. 4 months old boy or girl?

Attachments

• 20220726_184606.jpg
    20220726_184606.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 20220723_173518.jpg
    20220723_173518.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 70
  • 20220722_182203.jpg
    20220722_182203.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Can you post more pics with the tail straight out?
Here you go. I had picked the other ones, because the lack of bulge is painfully visible, you can literally see through to the other side.

Attachments

• 20220723_074451.jpg
    20220723_074451.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 20220723_074430.jpg
    20220723_074430.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 20220722_183944_03.jpg
    20220722_183944_03.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 20220723_074824.jpg
    20220723_074824.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 69
@MissSkittles do you know any breeders or peeps that are really good at sexing chameleons to tag? I'm going to have a difficult conversation with the breeder and would like to be right, not crazy. Appreciate the help!

I’m really bad at sexing, but I‘m pretty sure you have a little girl. Currently can’t recall those who are good at sexing panthers, but more will come around if you wait.
Thanks, I have zero experience, just what I've learned from that muchado article and this forum. In my case though I feel like everything from the tail to the colors screams female.

I’m really bad at sexing, but I‘m pretty sure you have a little girl. Currently can’t recall those who are good at sexing panthers, but more will come around if you wait.
This thread was meant for experts, I literally took the time to log on because I saw my bat signal for experts needed.

OP, ignore the others they don’t know what they’re talking about. I can assure you someone who does will arrive shortly.

Thank you! Good to know I'm not crazy. I'm going to sit here kicking myself for the rest of the day for not getting a boy from you actually. I was thisclose to do so July 3rd.
Oh man! 😆 Come see us when you are ready for the next!! The breeder should make it right though, either taking her back or crediting you the difference in price between and male and female. Good luck!

Thank you! Good to know I'm not crazy. I'm going to sit here kicking myself for the rest of the day for not getting a boy from you actually. I was thisclose to do so July 3rd.
I can assure you that female panther is also amazing. You’ll be stunned by the colors they can develop. And yes, it won’t be like a rainbow male, still really beautiful. Just give her some time 🙂

So I too am saying a female. But I am also noticing something going on with the left side of her mouth. In all the pics of that side it looks like the mouth does not close perfectly. Does she have any swelling on her gum line?

We can probably prove that you're right but you're a Cham owner now and we're less likely to prove that you're not crazy. 99.9% of Cham owners have some sort of crazy about them. Just saying. :LOL:

So I too am saying a female. But I am also noticing something going on with the left side of her mouth. In all the pics of that side it looks like the mouth does not close perfectly. Does she have any swelling on her gum line?
Could it be a perpetual snarl? Lord knows she hates my guts! Seriously though, I've never noticed, and looking back though pics, she's always held her mouth that way on the left side. How do I check for swelling? Better question, what does swelling look like? She gets her stress colors on as soon as I look at her. Her markings will turn black with hate if I handle her, so trying to do as little of that as possible.

I agree, there’s something going on on the left side of the mouth where the lips are not meeting. Could there be a little food stuck there? I would check the inside of her mouth especially on that side.

Back
Top Bottom