Experiences Keeping Juvenile Parson’s?

Good morning crew!

Just wanted to check-in and say hi. Giving you a quick update on the baby - it’s doing well! I've officially had Salomon just over a week!

They've been eating small Dubia since day one. As of right now I am going to continue feeding them daily until about 11-12 months. We are using an Arcadia supplement schedule (Pro-A, ProMG, and D3) which I'll adjust accordingly when I move to every other day feedings.

I have been slightly concerned about the watering issue because these guy's are SLOW when it comes to drinking. I had to modify the mister down to one nozzle so I don't run into an issue of flooding. 15-min sessions at twice a day. However, it DOES "speed" it dripping water when he does catch it with its eyes.

Its personality is beyond gentle; no signs of aggression at ALL.

I have also ordered pet insurance through Nationwide lol. Anyways, enjoy the small video and shoot me questions if you're curious.

Good morning crew!

Just wanted to check-in and say hi. Giving you a quick update on the baby - it’s doing well! I've officially had Salomon just over a week!

They've been eating small Dubia since day one. As of right now I am going to continue feeding them daily until about 11-12 months. We are using an Arcadia supplement schedule (Pro-A, ProMG, and D3) which I'll adjust accordingly when I move to every other day feedings.

I have been slightly concerned about the watering issue because these guy's are SLOW when it comes to drinking. I had to modify the mister down to one nozzle so I don't run into an issue of flooding. 15-min sessions at twice a day. However, it DOES "speed" it dripping water when he does catch it with its eyes.

I have also ordered pet insurance through Nationwide lol. Anyways, enjoy the small video and shoot me questions if you're curious.

Love it when they’re that small 🥰 just like little aliens. Unfortunately they grow quickly 😔

Good morning crew!

Speed it to*

Well the weekend is here and I’m ready! April 16th is the Reptile Expo so maybe I’ll head to that…

In other news the Arcadia 6% and Jungle Dawn are both up and running with the VivTech SurSun LED. It’s not pretty right now but they’re functional.

888A1DDC-9543-4234-BA6A-2086232CBAF7.jpeg
2F8688E8-E0A1-41C6-BA87-A34522FB66C6.jpeg

Happy Monday crew!

I hope you all have a good week. I’m going to be slammed with work and doing fitness stuff. Fingers crossed I get to pick up my partners engagement ring this week too so I can pop the question on our upcoming anniversary.

Salomon has been doing well - since the additional lighting I’ve noticed he seems to be a little less active in the set up and will explore closer to the bottom of their home as well. Also no signs of shedding yet.

Enjoy the picture!

AAAA9F4B-B60B-4422-986D-6DFDDA193846.jpeg

Happy Monday crew!

I hope you all have a good week. I’m going to be slammed with work and doing fitness stuff. Fingers crossed I get to pick up my partners engagement ring this week too so I can pop the question on our upcoming anniversary.

Salomon has been doing well - since the additional lighting I’ve noticed he seems to be a little less active in the set up and will explore closer to the bottom of their home as well. Also no signs of shedding yet.

Enjoy the picture!

View attachment 335838
Double excitement for following days and weeks 😇

I just empty the 5 gallon bucket 😊 I usually go through 7 to10 gallons a week in this habitat

Attachments

• A7A750E9-D51E-4CD8-99A3-789BEF6C4DB5.jpeg
    A7A750E9-D51E-4CD8-99A3-789BEF6C4DB5.jpeg
    182.2 KB · Views: 40
  • A4C03A64-09FC-463D-A007-B1D02D639D9F.jpeg
    A4C03A64-09FC-463D-A007-B1D02D639D9F.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 40
Happy Friday Crew!

So big news! Salomon is finally beginning to shed! His front legs and tail were beginning to turn translucent white and they’ve started to rub itself on branches - I assume it’s itching.

Not much new going on other than I’m seeing yellow color begin to form around the eyelids.

I’ll try and get some pictures during my next handling when I do its little body inspections. It really is a treat holding it but I don’t want to stress the poor thing either.

Cheers,

Ryan

2949DF66-08C7-4BD8-A892-4E056FED9E11.jpeg
899C0A98-970E-4940-9B87-C3CCEA0B8A85.jpeg

The weekend is here again and let me tell you!… I’ve been busy as hell!

Salomon has been sneaky-sneaky and getting out of the enclosure so that has been a new trend haha.

She’s (I think it’s a she) has also slowed down with her eating. She stays in about 74 degrees with two 15 minute misting sessions a day. She’s getting in about 1–2 medium Dubia a day. Maybe I’ll pick up some worms to add as a supplement on weekends.

I received a promotion, have a planned proposal in May (I got the ring!), and also planned a tattoo trip in July.

Happy Cesar Chavez day all!

My chameleon is going through a feeding rut and I’m trying to see what I should do next.

Is there anyone who feeds other than Dubia?

Salomon doesn’t seem to be as interested anymore and tends to be more of a worm fan. I just don’t know how sustainable this is long term for her own health.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Tapping into my little blog to provide an update… Salomon(ina) has started eating again! I’m not sure if it was just a little lull after the big shed or what.

I’m feeding a healthy mix of Dubia, Horn worms, and Supers. Still on a daily Arcadia supplement schedule however I’ll probably transition into an every 3 day feeding where I just replenish into the chams food dish. It’s free feeding currently and it seems to work!

I’m really needing to update my enclosure and I want to order a nice tree. I’m wanting to just get either a large schefflera or ficus. This would be Salomon’s permanent tree and eventually he will go into a permanent outdoor greenhouse enclosure.

Tapping into my little blog to provide an update… Salomon(ina) has started eating again! I’m not sure if it was just a little lull after the big shed or what.

I’m feeding a healthy mix of Dubia, Horn worms, and Supers. Still on a daily Arcadia supplement schedule however I’ll probably transition into an every 3 day feeding where I just replenish into the chams food dish. It’s free feeding currently and it seems to work!

I’m really needing to update my enclosure and I want to order a nice tree. I’m wanting to just get either a large schefflera or ficus. This would be Salomon’s permanent tree and eventually he will go into a permanent outdoor greenhouse enclosure.
Schefflera trees work perfectly and they love it. Check my blog about the free range, you’ll like it. With Arcadia you mean earth pro a? Just let them eat whenever they want, they auto-regulate their food intake, they’re hard to over feed, especially when still growing. At least this is what I’m doing and what I heard from the more experienced Parson keepers. Correct me if I’m wrong @crosscutts @Action Jackson

Back
Top Bottom