Experienced owners help please!

Danielsk217

Hey guys. I have a veiled cham about 2-3 months old and I just want to feed him what’s best but it’s hard to find info for a young guy. Ive been feeding crickets, mealworms, wax worms, and some dubia roaches but he isn’t really a fan of them. If i feed flukers high calcium gutloaded crickets how often do i need to supplement? And with d3 or without? And how often should he get vitamins? And should that also have d3? If someone could just lay out the daily routine for a male about 2-3 months old that would be sooo helpful. Also using a T8 UVB light and 75w heater bulb. Got a pothos and croton plant in there along with some fake ones.

These should help get you started. See the comment about mealworms in the feeder graphic. You’ll want to get a linear t5 fixture for the uvb and ditch the fake plants because veiled are known to munch. Calcium without d is 6days per week with the 7th day alternating between calcium with d and a multivitamin such as reptivite. I keep a little calendar over my feeders to keep track of which week I’m on.

Attachments

• JPEG image 2.jpeg
    JPEG image 2.jpeg
    192.3 KB · Views: 80
  • JPEG image.jpeg
    JPEG image.jpeg
    198.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Safari - Jun 18, 2020 at 8:16 PM 2.pdf
    292.8 KB · Views: 90
Welcome to the forum!
You might want to answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread near the top of the health forum so we can check your husbandry.

Please post some photos of the chameleon and the cage too.

These should help get you started. See the comment about mealworms in the feeder graphic. You’ll want to get a linear t5 fixture for the uvb and ditch the fake plants because veiled are known to munch. Calcium without d is 6days per week with the 7th day alternating between calcium with d and a multivitamin such as reptivite. I keep a little calendar over my feeders to keep track of which week I’m on.

See i’ve also heard calcium with D3 twice a month. Without D3 twice a week. And multivitamin once a month. Also has anyone used Repashy supplement? If so whats the frequency/dosage? My problem is that everyone says something different.

Isn’t it wild how much different info is out there? I’m going by the recommendations of the breeder which is the same as what the pros on this forum have recommended. I haven’t used repashy. Currently using Arcadia and reptivite.
The pros can go over all aspects of husbandry when you get a chance to fill out the form. Also check out gingero’s YouTube videos at Neptune the chameleon. Hope that helps!

I find those horn worms to be the nastiest... they so plump and when he chews them its like ewwwww... my chameleon didn't care for them much he ate 2 and then didn't have anymore... 8 wasted, they on pricey side too...

ive leaned away from crickets theyre too hard to keep alive and breeding without correct conditions is harder then they say. I've bought Dubia like a year ago with zero attention I still have tons an they breed like crazy even in the unpredictable heat and cold of my basement. They're extremely hardy...

Superworms are his favorite. But I try to limit to like 8 a week. Those are also easy to keep, little maintenance but im gonna attempt breeding those soon.

And supplementation people usually go... nearly every feeding calc withoth d3....calc with d3 every 2 weeks and multi every 2 weeks

I made a whole video playlist on how to feed a chameleon that should help. There are 10 videos in the playlist so far including a video about supplements:

Also here is a video about UVB so you can understand why the T5 is being recommended to you:

Back
Top Bottom