Experienced female keepers please

Just to clarify for the best care for female panthers, my personal current sitiuations are a young juvenile who is pregnant, and a younger about two month old, I’ve been maintaining the colder temperature for the younger, now Jannb the same one who writes the veiled blog recommends keeping a succesfully mated panther at 84-85 for low clutch/ health, if sperm can be stored for subsequent clutches, is it safer to just keep the 84-85 until I know she’s laying infertile? Or after the clutch at what point would you start the drop, what are some signs that the drop I’m doing is insufficient, what are some of the things to watch for that you’ve experienced through both routes a succesfully bred female , or one kept on the “properly weaned method”

I’m sorry I misread I thought you had said 84-85 for a pregnant panther, at what point is it safe then to start to drop, for the lower ideal temperature, and what might be some signs that she is encountering an unsafe temperature for her current clutch ?

D495EDAB-8D90-4CD3-A12F-A260D364D874.png

85 or 86 should be good, The clutch size has most likely already formed. Depending on how well she does after laying depends on how quickly you would go back to the lower temps and reduce her food. If she drinks right away and eats everyday like she’s starving, I’d cut back after 7 or 8 days as long as she’s doing really well.

Ok thank you, and what might I watch out for to say that she’s stored sperm and is getting ready to lay another clutch, again I don’t quite understand the rates of that as it seems to vary

It is different with each female. Weight gain would be the first thing to look for. Their nails get longer to prepare them for digging. I would always provide a laying bin just to be safe.

I also wasn’t sure if it was a safer route to just have a separate enclosure , in a separate space, only for laying, in a more controlled environment

Back
Top Bottom