Experience with shipping

Pearl Fields

Avid Member
Hi does anyone have experience ordering from morifeeders during this shipping situation? Like how long does it take for priority mail, 2- day, etc. I am thinking of ordering from there. Thanks!

I personally have not been ordering any horns or silks. The last three times I tried from a place that was only 10 hours away from me they arrived huge and dead due to delayed shipping. tried both 2 day fed ex and priority mail USPS. The usps got lost and took 2 weeks and the fed ed arrived 8 days later. I myself have had horrible luck so I am only ordering the feeders that seem to handle the longer shipping times. Crickets, BSFL, and Dubia.

I would just try it and see how it goes for you. Some hubs are running more smoothly then others. The LA hub is having major issues.

I personally have not been ordering any horns or silks. The last three times I tried from a place that was only 10 hours away from me they arrived huge and dead due to delayed shipping. tried both 2 day fed ex and priority mail USPS. The usps got lost and took 2 weeks and the fed ed arrived 8 days later. I myself have had horrible luck so I am only ordering the feeders that seem to handle the longer shipping times. Crickets, BSFL, and Dubia.

I would just try it and see how it goes for you. Some hubs are running more smoothly then others. The LA hub is having major issues.
Ok. I mean we ordered from the critter depot and the 2 day shipping came in 3 days. But we can just try it. ?

It really is hit or miss I sell on eBay a lot of stuff over a hundred items a day most will get there on time and then others will get there in weeks I think like the other person said it has to do with what hubs it goes through.

Ok, we can try. It’s ok if it doesn’t work. But we’ll see! Also, how long did “priority mail” take in normal times when shipping wasn’t messed up?

Hi does anyone have experience ordering from morifeeders during this shipping situation? Like how long does it take for priority mail, 2- day, etc. I am thinking of ordering from there. Thanks!
Where are you located? Pretty much anything going through Southern California is taking an extra day or two. And since no carriers are guaranteeing their delivery times, there’s nothing we can do. We’ve negotiated with FedEx so we can sometimes get your bugs to you within 12hrs cross-country
I will say we have had MUCH better luck with FedEx 2day and Overnight , even more so shipped to your local hub for pickup.
Priority mail will always be 3-4 days if you’re more than 200 miles from us (20152).

Where are you located? Pretty much anything going through Southern California is taking an extra day or two. And since no carriers are guaranteeing their delivery times, there’s nothing we can do. We’ve negotiated with FedEx so we can sometimes get your bugs to you within 12hrs cross-country
I will say we have had MUCH better luck with FedEx 2day and Overnight , even more so shipped to your local hub for pickup.
Priority mail will always be 3-4 days if you’re more than 200 miles from us (20152).
We’re in Seattle, Washington. Ok. Thanks!

It depends on where you are, how well the USPS is doing there, and how far away whoever you're ordering from is. I recently got 2 orders of feeders via PM within 2-3 days, but both vendors were within one state away. Items from Amazon, etc (halfway across the country or more) are taking a week or more.

It depends on where you are, how well the USPS is doing there, and how far away whoever you're ordering from is. I recently got 2 orders of feeders via PM within 2-3 days, but both vendors were within one state away. Items from Amazon, etc (halfway across the country or more) are taking a week or more.
Thats funny though because I believe the critter depot is in like Florida or something, I dunno where but anyways it was all the way across the country from Seattle where I am, and the order got to us within 3 days of shipping.

Honestly there just is no guarantee with shipping right now. For example I placed two orders for some mistking parts I needed with Josh's frogs on the 9th.. One right after another and they both shipped the same day USPS. One I got on Saturday and the other has been stuck in Oakland CA south of me.

Really you just have to try and see.

Thats funny though because I believe the critter depot is in like Florida or something, I dunno where but anyways it was all the way across the country from Seattle where I am, and the order got to us within 3 days of shipping.
Yeah it seems mostly random. We’ve had packages literally get stuck on the sorting loops for weeks. Other packages will get delivered on time. USPS is a crapshoot.

Those reasons are why I included, "how well the USPS is doing there".

We've had the same kinds of experiences with all the major shippers—not just USPS.
We just got lucky with the feeders. IDK if it had anything to do with their being labeled "Live insect feeders" or not. PO assumed they were "live bait".

Any chameleon should be shipped via Fedex Priority Overnight only. Find out when last package shipment goes out at your local FedEx office and ask them the latest recommended time for you to show up at the office to make that shipment. Usually, it is around 4-4:40pm. Most times (except after long holiday weekends), your package will arrive by 10:30am the next day at its destination. After long holiday weekends, FedEx won't guarantee delivery until 4:30PM. Make sure the recipient knows when to expect the package and has made arrangements to take package inside when it arrives. Send tracking info to recipient.

Back
Top Bottom