Expanding foam?

Grasshopper

I have read that the Great Stuff expanding foam was ok to use in the enclosure. My crickets are escaping through some cracks. So I wouldn't be using alot just around to top of the door frame. I was wondering what all I should do? Should I take him out during it? If so how long? Any advice?

I have read that the Great Stuff expanding foam was ok to use in the enclosure. My crickets are escaping through some cracks. So I wouldn't be using alot just around to top of the door frame. I was wondering what all I should do? Should I take him out during it? If so how long? Any advice?

I would just use tape along the outside frames of the cage and any holes in the screen where you might have poked to hang ornaments or internal decorations from.

Also don’t overlook that the pvc lining that is the base or floor of the cage doesn’t always sit flush along the bottom. Add tape all around the bottom edges and inside as well to cut off any and all escape routes for any feeders that could escape especially roaches since they are flatter than crickets and the last thing you want is any females running around screaming because there are 1000,’s of roaches living in the pantry and cupboards.

Be careful using tape in your enclosure. Chams will find a way to get stuck to it.

If you do use the spray foam he will need to be out of the cage for a couple days at least so the foam can set and off gas. Use gloves it takes forever to get off skin.

Back
Top Bottom