Exotic Pet Insurance?

lauriexcurtis

Should I invest in getting my veiled insured? What are your experiences with exotic pet insurance?

I know we will be making visits to the vet for regular checkups, x rays, fecal exams, etc to make sure he stays healthy. With this being said, I figured exotic pet insurance may be a good investment.

Feedback please? :)

I looked into it for my guy (im in the UK) and can tell you now - anything routine will not be covered, anything to do with breeding (i.e. egg bound issues etc.) will not be covered, and anything deemed as "preventable" won't be covered e.g. complications due to a worm burden - preventable as you should have wormed your chameleon in their eyes.

It's def. worth looking into, read some small prints, get a calculator out and see whether you personally need it.

My dogs are insured because I cannot risk NOT having them insured where as the chemeleon - the treatment he is likely to need, I can afford that (its unlikely hes going to run out and get squished by a car :p)

Should I invest in getting my veiled insured? What are your experiences with exotic pet insurance?

I know we will be making visits to the vet for regular checkups, x rays, fecal exams, etc to make sure he stays healthy. With this being said, I figured exotic pet insurance may be a good investment.

Feedback please? :)

That would be good to get, my vet bills are crazy...

In my old thread about insurance there was a company that didn't ensure the animals, but they paid for 25% of vet fees (terms and conditions of course) for just $5 a household. That's right, every pet you have for just $5 a month. (or maybe it was $10?)

In my old thread about insurance there was a company that didn't ensure the animals, but they paid for 25% of vet fees (terms and conditions of course) for just $5 a household. That's right, every pet you have for just $5 a month. (or maybe it was $10?)

What is the name of the insurance company, if you remember?

Back
Top Bottom