Exotic feeders?!

Alexander1

Avid Member
I have a somewhat picky eater, I'm very interested in different feeders for my veiled chameleon, he's about 7 months old and he regularly eats silkworms, crickets, horn worms, super worms, wax worms almost never and he stopped eating dubias, anyone know of more safe bugs for my lil guy? I'm almost as interested in the bugs themselves, can I feed matids or is he too young?

Stick bugs, green banana roaches, and blue bottle flies are favorites in my house. Butterworms never fail but it's a treat. They are high in calcium but also high in fat.

Phoenixworms are really awesome to feed,lots of calcium,and alot of chams take to them. Including my picky Jackson's lol.

So he regularly eats all the insects you mentioned except wax worms? Got a little confused there lol. They can eat mantids, but if you get an ooth they'll be too small and will have to raise them to the appropriate size. Only downsize is that they eat other feeders.

Thanks for all the replies, yes he eats all the feeders except the wax worms in a regular basis, I think I'm going to get some Phoenix worms, I thought they may be too small to satisfy my Cham, but il give them a shot.

I have a 7 month old also. My Cham has slowed down on the Phoenix worms. I was getting the sense that they were too much work. He had to shoot his tongue about 30 times to feel full. Defiantly try them though. They are very high in calcium.

Back
Top Bottom