Exoterra Sunray

I don't think they work in the standard dome, you need the ballast that's in the exo terra fixture. I read a review on Amazon from someone that tried it in a regular dome, and it doesn't work. :(

Would these bulbs work with a regular reflective deep dome fixture and give off the same light and heat output? Being in Canada I don't really have access to the fixture (unless I were to pay $53 in shipping on top of the $169.99 online), but I could always buy the bulbs off of Amazon if they do!

These will not work in a regular dome fixture, you could DIY this with an e30 socket and the ballast which is a fullham highhorse. I can write something up if you guys are interested but there won't be much as far as savings go.

I love the idea of these, MH and MV can be some of best bulbs. Up until possibly now, companies have not been able to get them right for the US market.

Unfortunately for many of us who have several chams they're not practical. Too pricey imo.

But, good thread topic! Glad to know they have some quality parts to them. I look forward to the findings.

For a while Todd @ LYR was doing readings and measurements on the new stuff to come out. I wonder if he has tested these:confused:

Thank you for the response!

And I too am curious what the UVB lifespan is. I might just take a drive down south and pick one of these up, right after I sell a few unnecessary body parts.

Thank you for the response!

And I too am curious what the UVB lifespan is. I might just take a drive down south and pick one of these up, right after I sell a few unnecessary body parts.

shop around wouldnt say they are not available in canada because big al's in toronto has them just ridiculously priced at i believe 210+taxes josh's frogs has them on ebay for about 200 shipped and lll had them for 140 dont know how much shipping is though. I'm hoping reptile expo next month by me has and exo terra booth with them discounted

Do you have any temperature measurements at a given distance? 35W doesn't seem like very much, so I'm curious about how hot it is at say, 1 ft away.

Do you have any temperature measurements at a given distance? 35W doesn't seem like very much, so I'm curious about how hot it is at say, 1 ft away.

I'm located in Southern California and it is pretty warm here. I am currently at 85 at 12 inches.

Ughhhh you all suck so much. I can't stop thinking about how convenient it would be to have EVERYTHING in one bulb; UVA, UVB, Heat, beneficial for plant growth. I'm sooooo going to end up folding and buying a couple.

I didn't read all the posts but can you tell me how much actual warmth your getting for only 35 watts?

I was picking up some 3/4" crickets today and I noticed that the store had a few of these Sunrays set up and I have to admit that it is a good looking set up. They were using the 70 watt bulbs at a height of 6 inches off the top of their reptibreeze and it did give off a nice amount of heat for the baby veiled that they were set up for. For as many "pro's" that I can list for getting one of these for my setup the main "con" is that im not sure how much my electric bill is going to be since it does required a sizeable transformer in order to properly power each fixture compared to my current 75w house bulb and linear uva/uvb tube light.

Hey Sean have you tried using Hibiscus underneath the SunRay yet? I've used hibiscus in the past but haven't had much luck under fluorescent lighting.

I'm in northeast Ohio. Would a 35W fixture and bulb be adequate to replace my 5.0 and 60W blue daylight bulb? I have a hibiscus which is not doing too well under the current lighting. How much more should I expect it to cost to run?

Back
Top Bottom