Exoterra Fogger

Jam

I was wondering if anyone has used one of these and what their experiences are? I live in Michigan and am having a HORRIBLE time keeping Hermie's cage even close to being humid enough. I bought one of these foggers, and started it out on the bottom of his cage (a fully screened cage) and was very disappointed with how high the fog went ... lol ... he never even goes down that low. So how I have it sitting on top of his cage so that it mists down into it. He seems very perterbed by it (giving the fog the evil eye and running to the opposite corner of his cage).

go to walgreens and get a humidifier. they are cheap and they raise the humidity of the room which is healty for you to. a lot of people hook up PVC to them and run it into the cage or on top.

if you have a small room, it's ok to use the humidifier so your room have constant humidity around 40% and misting often (or using auto mister system) will raise the humidity of the cage to 80%.

40% humidity is good for human (plus it's not enough for mold to grow like crazy).

My chameleon absolutely terrified of the mist that ultrasonic humidifier emit.
So, i end using the humidifier for the room instead of the PVC thing.

But, if yours are not terrified of it, feel free to use the PVC technique.
It'll do wonder.

I was wondering if anyone has used one of these and what their experiences are? I live in Michigan and am having a HORRIBLE time keeping Hermie's cage even close to being humid enough. I bought one of these foggers, and started it out on the bottom of his cage (a fully screened cage) and was very disappointed with how high the fog went ... lol ... he never even goes down that low. So how I have it sitting on top of his cage so that it mists down into it. He seems very perterbed by it (giving the fog the evil eye and running to the opposite corner of his cage).

That's so funny! They are such characters, aren't they? It is possible he will get used to it and learn to like it. But it may be more trouble than it's worth. People here seem to recommend the humidifiers more.

Someone gave us 3 of the little foggers. I plugged one in and set it up on the kitchen counter and wondered how on earth I was going to find a use for it. It seemed both unsafe and inadequate. If you bought yours locally perhaps you can take it back? From what I understand they're not cheap. Isn't it amazing what we will do for our chams? Talk about Christmas! We ought to list all the wonderful things we've bought for our chams this season!

I got to say you will be better off with the humidifier. I had this weird little thing I made to house a fogger on top of a reptarium. It looked cool. Kind of like a little cloud in my jackson's cage. The first diffuser disc seemed like it went a week. The next one a couple hours. The third one about two days.

Basically if you ran one all winter I bet you would spend more on the diffuser disc replacements then you would if you bought a humdifier.

To plumb them into the cage some people use PVC attachments, some use pool hoses. I just fashioned an adaptor piece to the top of the humidifier and ran some plumbing hose up to the top of the cage. You could just set one up in the room itself.

I used it on my jackson's cage last year. I was just thinking about unpacking it for this winter. It worked well.

I had one of the foggers and now use a humidifier. Works much better and doesn't scare the chams. You can get an ultrasonic humidifier that works on the same principle as the fogger but lasts much longer and works much better. I paid about 40 for mine. David

i'm glad you posted this. i was looking at one of these yesterday and decided against it. its too expensive for a fogger. the exo terra waterfalls are a better buy because they have the fogger aswell as a constant drinking source.

the foggers look pretty cool though. when i get my aussie waterdragon set up i want to have a fogger in there for the sheer effect in the mornings. haha.

thanks

Graeme

No way Jose!!!!

Dude those things suck i bought one for 45 bucks and it was a rip off first i used it on my green anole..... it flooded the whole terrarium the i made some hind off humidifier but its like a water fountain water flyinng everywere and then it uses so much water and dont forget its dangerous too, i was refiling the container were i had it it didint turn on soo i touch'd it and it gave a electric shock and it hurted quite a bit i magine what it can do too your chameleon.

Soo please dont buy things like this..... trust me.

alright haha well that proves me wrong haha. i read the label carelessly and didnt' see the fogger wasn't included haha. i always get distracted in pet stores.

Back
Top Bottom