Exo Terra Viv and Setting Up General Questions...

bluegoldfish

Just got an exo-terra 45x45x60, and before you go oh no... about the exo terra, its only temporary until i buy an adult sized big mesh cage for my panther cham. I'm intending on buying one about 4ft tall and then 24x24, or 24width, 18 depth. Is that right for an adult cham?

What i was wondering was, at the mo, the exo terra has a large polystyrene? backing inside and at the bottom of it, it has two spaces which lead to tunnels at the back for wires to go through for items like heat mats, waterfalls etc... items i won't be using. Got rid of the waterfall! :)

Just wondering what i could use to safely block these up so that crickets can run around the back tunnels, returning at night time to bite my poor cham. More polystyrene?

Intending on blocking one or two sides of tank so cham doesnt feel threated, gota find another low traffic area of my room. Gona get some plants, probably buying today a fiscus or umbrella tree plant.
Going to be using some thin multi purpose cloths (jay cloths) on the floor so keep viv clean and stop reflection on bottom of tank. I know not to use substrate because it can cause impactation.
Already got a uv light and basking lamp positioned at angle on top.

Thinking of replacing the one repti-glo 5.0 tube with starter, to a dual starter unit with that bulb and anther repti-glo 8.0, along with basking lamp. Would that be ok? currently the basking lamp is 60w spotlight in clamp lamp.

Misting few times daily, and cham had a shower today too, which he loved. Going to go and buy a dripper. Want to buy a digital thermometer/hygrometer, does it need two probes? one for basking spot and one for rest of the viv? and do i have to buy a digital hygrometer and thermometer separately or do they do them as all in one units?

Sorry for all my stupid questions, But if you dont ask, u dont know!
Thanks for all your advice. :)

Just be careful of the temps, i have 2 of these for my babies and they are great for humidity and such but hard to keep tempature steady..60 watt may be too large as i use 40watt nighttime bulbs and they got too hot as well... going down to 25 watt next..good luck and hope all goes well for you.

Ive got 40w bulbs on stand-by as back-up, and single starter unit if i find the two flourescent tubes too much.
As a guide, which repti-glo should i be using? 2.0, 5.0, 8.0, or 10.0?

Also any ideas what to plug those tunnels in the viv with?

5.0 i think would be fine on the exo terra... when you have really tall or dark mesh enclosures you would want to go with the 10.0...

Back
Top Bottom