Exo-terra Monsoon?

bschifano

i did some looking around and found the exo-terra monsoon system just wondering what ppl think of this system? i know everyone like the mistking but this one is very space saving which is very important cause my room is getting crowded with my animals lol

I have both.I love the mistking for many reasons. Able to mist many more cages, better timer, better quality, able to hold more water or tap into direct water source. But I like the monsoon. If you are only looking to mist a few cages. The system works well and looks good, and it holds more water than it says it does and it is easy to set up. So depending on what your needs are it is good. I bought it and then a month later bought the mist king because I want to eventually expand a lot larger and needed something more professional. But I still use my monsoon for another area and am happy with it. It had a recall for a drip issue. I have a draining system and don't mind the after drip, I am not sure if the new and improve system is out yet. So just keep that in mind:)

mistking is better..finer mist that seems to just be like a cloud, as where my chams would violently shake their heads when the monsoons hard mist would hit them..

I have the Monsoon and have been happy with it so far. The timer seems to be one of the shortcomings of the system by comparison to the MistKing as I am not happy about the limitation of the only setting being X seconds on every X minutes/hours; it doesn't allow for overnight shutoff (and although I havn't tested it myself, others have stated it doesn't come back on to cycle if you use an outlet timer).

In a couple of weeks I plan on getting a MistKing for a second (and possibly third) enclosure. I am just trying to decide how to configure it. I am looking forward to having both systems to be able to provide an unbiased comparison (since this seems to be a hot topic on this forum).

And the Monsoon CAN feed more than one enclosure: it comes with two nozzles and the pressure is not a problem. Dripping has not been an issue (yes, it drips on occassion, but nothing problematic). I did like the simplicity of the Monsoon setup and the capacity of the tank is more than sufficient for my needs.
I am not sure if the new and improve system is out yet. So just keep that in mind:)
When I ordered mine from LLL Reptile in April, they did not have them in stock as they were waiting for the new and improved system (there was one component that was being upgraded, but I don't remember which one it was). I received mine in Mid May and i can tell you if you buy the Monsoon from LLL that you will be getting the 'new and improved'. I have always been very happy with LLL (and it helps that we can stop by the Oceanside store while traveling to see the in-laws in San Diego).

MISTKING trust me !!!
Have you tried out both systems? What are you basing your 'recomendation' on?

It looks to me that the MistKing is the better system, but you can't just blindly post a comment like this - it is of no value.

The Monsoon is not a bad system.

Have you tried out both systems? What are you basing your 'recomendation' on?

It looks to me that the MistKing is the better system, but you can't just blindly post a comment like this - it is of no value.

The Monsoon is not a bad system.

i can post what ever i want!!! i have seen both systems work and have 2 mistkings, the mistking far out performs the exo-terra, the mistking is more robust and addaptable to your needs, mistking is a site sponsor, marty at mistking provides great support and warrenty......need i go on

Hoj, lol you should be an affiliate for Marty! I am thinking about it myself :p I do agree that it is a superior product, most can attest to that.

I say let the product speak for itself! ;) That's why iam buying the.............................................................................................

MISKING :p

My thinking is that the Mistking is ( from what I hear) better quality and will last longer. So whats all the fuss about? Mistking is cheaper too so it makes total sense to go that route. This is by far the system I will be purchasing very soon!

i can post what ever i want!!! i have seen both systems work and have 2 mistkings, the mistking far out performs the exo-terra, the mistking is more robust and addaptable to your needs, mistking is a site sponsor, marty at mistking provides great support and warrenty......need i go on
I never said you couldn't post whatever you wanted to. I was simply calling into question your ability to make a recomendation, especially since you have not OWNED a Monsoon. Having observed the Monsoon certainly does not make you an expert, which your orginal post seemed to indicate.

I too have observed both systems in operation, and I would disagree that the MistKing "far out performs the exo-terra". Yes, it has a little better mist, but not enough that it is that superior (although others might disagree). Further, one of the features that is often touted as one the advantges of the MistKing is not included in the "Starter Kit" (the Zip Drip nozzle)

I won't argue that MistKing is a site sponsor and that gives a little edge; but I wouldn't chose an inferior product just because it was a site sponsor (I am NOT saying that the MistKing is inferior).

And I would actually agree that Marty is great with support: I sent him a message yesterday (a Saturday!) and he responded within a couple of hours (and apologized for the late response!) - that thoroughly impressed me.

Why am I harping on this? Not to be difficult or to be a troll; rather, I was countering a one-sided view being presented as a thoroughly qualified opinion. Had you simply stated that you reviewed both systems and found the MistKing to be the better choice because of reason A, B, and C and that now that you owned one, here are your experiences with the system, I would have no objection. Rather, you chose to just say "Trust me", and that alone makes me NOT trust you.

The Monsoon is a good system. But I think that, based on the details that others and myself have presented, I think the MistKing is better. But I also don't think that it is the cut-and-dried decision that you have presented. While I have not yet set up a MistKing, it seems to me that the Monsoon has a simpler set up (I like that the tank/pump all comes in a single, attractive package - that is an important detail to me) and is more "plug-and-play" than the MistKing (especialy since it comes with a tank whereas with the MistKing, you need to supply your own).

The bottom line: I would probably recommend the MistKing over the Monsoon (although some may only need a simple, single enclosure setup and the Monsoon may be a better option for them) and MY next purchase WILL be a MistKing. However, I am willing to take the time to explain why and not just shout out my opinion as the only one.

Mistking is cheaper too so it makes total sense to go that route.
Actually, this is probably not entirely true. While the Monsoon is $109 at LLL and you can get the MistKing Starter Kit for $100, the MistKing Starter does not come with a tank - you have to supply your own. Sure, you may be able to find something around your house or find some sort of tank at Home Depot for less than the $9 difference, I still maintain that the pricing f these two units is equal. And for me, for one of the options of the MistKing installation I am looking at would drive me to the Ultimate Value setup at $190 (bigger pump, Zip Drip, and more than one nozzle). YMMV

I never said you couldn't post whatever you wanted to. I was simply calling into question your ability to make a recomendation, especially since you have not OWNED a Monsoon. Having observed the Monsoon certainly does not make you an expert, which your orginal post seemed to indicate.

I too have observed both systems in operation, and I would disagree that the MistKing "far out performs the exo-terra". Yes, it has a little better mist, but not enough that it is that superior (although others might disagree). Further, one of the features that is often touted as one the advantges of the MistKing is not included in the "Starter Kit" (the Zip Drip nozzle)

I won't argue that MistKing is a site sponsor and that gives a little edge; but I wouldn't chose an inferior product just because it was a site sponsor (I am NOT saying that the MistKing is inferior).

And I would actually agree that Marty is great with support: I sent him a message yesterday (a Saturday!) and he responded within a couple of hours (and apologized for the late response!) - that thoroughly impressed me.

Why am I harping on this? Not to be difficult or to be a troll; rather, I was countering a one-sided view being presented as a thoroughly qualified opinion. Had you simply stated that you reviewed both systems and found the MistKing to be the better choice because of reason A, B, and C and that now that you owned one, here are your experiences with the system, I would have no objection. Rather, you chose to just say "Trust me", and that alone makes me NOT trust you.

The Monsoon is a good system. But I think that, based on the details that others and myself have presented, I think the MistKing is better. But I also don't think that it is the cut-and-dried decision that you have presented. While I have not yet set up a MistKing, it seems to me that the Monsoon has a simpler set up (I like that the tank/pump all comes in a single, attractive package - that is an important detail to me) and is more "plug-and-play" than the MistKing (especialy since it comes with a tank whereas with the MistKing, you need to supply your own).

The bottom line: I would probably recommend the MistKing over the Monsoon (although some may only need a simple, single enclosure setup and the Monsoon may be a better option for them) and MY next purchase WILL be a MistKing. However, I am willing to take the time to explain why and not just shout out my opinion as the only one.

Actually, this is probably not entirely true. While the Monsoon is $109 at LLL and you can get the MistKing Starter Kit for $100, the MistKing Starter does not come with a tank - you have to supply your own. Sure, you may be able to find something around your house or find some sort of tank at Home Depot for less than the $9 difference, I still maintain that the pricing f these two units is equal. And for me, for one of the options of the MistKing installation I am looking at would drive me to the Ultimate Value setup at $190 (bigger pump, Zip Drip, and more than one nozzle). YMMV

so after all that you are going to get a mistking good for you, You wont be dissapointed:D;)

There seems to be just too much bad press about the timer, It is a sad thing really cause it looks real sleek and simple. The Idea is great.

I have not seen a negative review for a mistking and you can get a decent starter kit for about 140$ (I get mine on monday :D ). The only thing I dont like about mistking is the bucket, I had to purchase a exo terra cabinet to hide it.

Back
Top Bottom