Exo Terra Monsoon

Capsicums&Reptiles

Established Member
Been thinking about getting a Monsoon for Gizmo's enclosure.
Been using a pressure sprayer on the fine mist setting,but,I'm ready for something automated.
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it,and if it would be OK to run it alongside my fogger.

Thank you in advance for your input.
Wayne

Everyone here seems to think they are junk. I've had one for a while without any issues. I believe they improved the pumps. If you get one, get the bigger model. The small is rather useless as it doesn't hold much water and the pump is too weak, hoses too short if you try to elevate the cage, etc. Most people here recommend Mistking.

Everyone here seems to think they are junk. I've had one for a while without any issues. I believe they improved the pumps. If you get one, get the bigger model. The small is rather useless as it doesn't hold much water and the pump is too weak, hoses too short if you try to elevate the cage, etc. Most people here recommend Mistking.

Thank you for the info.

I plan on getting a Mistking in the future,but,until Gizmo is moved into his permanent enclosure,I'm just looking for something a little smaller.
FLchams has an extreme Chameleon cage bundle that I'm gonna be ordering soon.
It's 4x2x2 and comes with the MistKing starter kit.
Just looking for something temporary until then.

Temporary is great....once u upgrade the new cage..then u can use others just for spare use also.

Temporary is great....once u upgrade the new cage..then u can use others just for spare use also.

That was my thought on it.

Once I upgrade,I imagine I could use the Monsoon for my indoor Capsicums.
Have to grow indoors until it warms up enough to stick'em outside.

I went through a Monsoon about every year. Once I got through my 3rd one I spent the extra $25 and got the Mistking. The Mistking has a finer spray, better timer, and as big as you want reservoir. If you get the Mistking make sure you get the programmable timer, I've heard there is one out there that is not programmable.

Good luck.

Hmm I made my own mister with a diaphragm pump and a misting system with a 19 program able timer that can be used with seconds for around 50$ running three mister heads with a valve set half way. IMO way better than a mistking(it was based off the mistking to begin with)

Hmm I made my own mister with a diaphragm pump and a misting system with a 19 program able timer that can be used with seconds for around 50$ running three mister heads with a valve set half way. IMO way better than a mistking(it was based off the mistking to begin with)

I made one similar. Costed me about $200 but I can run about 20 nozzles off of it. I like it but the noise on the pump is extremely more than the Mistking.

Here is my set up.

I made one similar. Costed me about $200 but I can run about 20 nozzles off of it. I like it but the noise on the pump is extremely more than the Mistking.

Here is my set up.

I made mine using a video like that but why did it cost 200$ ? I used a 12v diaphragm pump that was 25 bucks with a 10 dollar misting line from amazon and a timer

Ahh never mind just saw the video more in depth. I have a different branded pump that rated the same or similar 12v 5.0 amps but I’m running it in 12v 3.5 amps and it’s not loud for me although it does startle me when I forget about it and it turns on haha. Beautiful system though.

Ahh never mind just saw the video more in depth. I have a different branded pump that rated the same or similar 12v 5.0 amps but I’m running it in 12v 3.5 amps and it’s not loud for me although it does startle me when I forget about it and it turns on haha. Beautiful system though.

Thanks. Yeah it was a bit more. I used a bigger pump and power source and bought a lot more fittings that I actually needed just because I'm using it for my hatchling set up as well.

Back
Top Bottom