Exo-terra monsoon RS400 broke!!

NessaH8185

So I've had the exo terra monsoonRS400 misting system for about 6 months and the timer broke. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue, and if you did anything to rig the timer to work? I was wondering if buying a separate timer for it would work. I just can't afford to buy a different system right now.

So I've had the exo terra monsoonRS400 misting system for about 6 months and the timer broke. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue, and if you did anything to rig the timer to work? I was wondering if buying a separate timer for it would work. I just can't afford to buy a different system right now.

All I hear is monsoons breaking. Send it back. Exo Terra's seem to be quite good at replacing them.

Save yourself the irritation, bite the bullet, and buy a more reliable system. I have the MistKing starter kit. A little pricey, but worth every penny. Folks here have reported good experiences with the AquaZamp system too.
:D

First the timer goes and then it stops completely -after flooding your floors get your money back - my aquazamp hasn't had a problem - I have two more domes on order - I didn't get one originally for my jackson as she was so young but she loves it when i switch it over from my pather's cage -

If you don't want to send it back, they will replace it. You will need your receipt and they will want a photo of the back of the unit with the manufacture date. I contacted them through their website hagen.com. It is not the user friendliest site either. Here is a link to the email page, I don't know if it will work as a link or you have to go through their site. Anyway, it took a couple of emails to get all the information exchanged but they send new units and I just threw the old ones out. I am on my third. I plan on upgrading at some point and will try to get my money back but am not sure how much of a hassle that will be since I bought it on amazon so have to go through the manufacturer. Since you have had it for so long even if you bought it at a store they may not take it back and have you contact hagen directly. The Monsoon does come with a two year guarantee. I hate mine but it is better than nothing.

You can get a timer and use it - the problem with that is that it then sometimes comes on for no reason (at least mine did) I ended up with my timer plugged into a strip that plugged into another timer so that it could only come on in the day time. That worked for a couple of months and might have worked better if I was better at setting timers and didn't start with a cheaper one that I had - I use the timer I ended up getting still instead of getting one when I got the rain dome-

Yea I've tried contacting the company directly because I too ordered mine on amazon. I guess I will keep trying to reach them and save up my money for an aquazamp in the meantime. Bummer :\

I have heard that some people did well replacing the timer with one from lowes. I have the mistking myself, but do know a few who love their monsoon. You just have to be a bit creative on the timing system.

I used to feel my Monsoon was fine, I took care of it after all and it misted my needs well enough. However the damn thing just up and died. Lasted a little over a year.

As of this past weekend it now serves as my water reservoir for my Mist King pump.

My third unit broke on me today when I tested it on the enclosure I'm building. This is after being assumed by Exo Terra that the timer fault had been resolved on new stock.

I have also had problems with the tubes developing holes / splits and spraying water all over the place.

Pursing a refund at which point I will look to get a Mistking imported.

They sent me a new one! I'm setting up his larger cage right now, so I will wait to try it until then, hopefully this week. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it holds out for a little while. If not, I will just invest in a mist king or aquazamp.

Back
Top Bottom