Exo Terra Incubator

kgallego

Does anyone have experience with these?

Would you recomend it for Furcifur Pardalis?

I know the closet method works well and all, however, my plan is to break diapause by going through 2 month temperature drop to simulate winter. Any thoughts or suggestions on this?

Thanks anyone for your help!

It's crap... They burn out.

They said they remade them, but if you look up any videos with some real techie guys they pick it apart. Pretty much made in China with really cheap parts.

I recommend highly against it. Closet method works, or there are high end incubators that run around $400 but won't burn out.

Does anyone have experience with these?

Would you recomend it for Furcifur Pardalis?

I know the closet method works well and all, however, my plan is to break diapause by going through 2 month temperature drop to simulate winter. Any thoughts or suggestions on this?

Thanks anyone for your help!

I have heard mixed reviews. With that being said I personally don't think I would risk losing a clutch due to a malfunction. I would be SOOOOOO upset if i was 5 months into incubation and the unit overheated and I lost a clutch.
Coincidently I was in a reptile shop today and looked at one up close and they do look sharp ;-) Just my opinion I know several breeders who have several and do like them.

I am in the process of converting a nice wine chiller into an incubator that will both heat and cool. I am taking pics and documenting details of the project. Ill post a how to thread on here when complete.

I have heard mixed reviews. With that being said I personally don't think I would risk losing a clutch due to a malfunction. I would be SOOOOOO upset if i was 5 months into incubation and the unit overheated and I lost a clutch.
Coincidently I was in a reptile shop today and looked at one up close and they do look sharp ;-) Just my opinion I know several breeders who have several and do like them.

I am in the process of converting a nice wine chiller into an incubator that will both heat and cool. I am taking pics and documenting details of the project. Ill post a how to thread on here when complete.

I will pay you if you make one for me :)

Very interesting. I've got an idea how I would make one of those myself. I believe I guy would have to use two thermostats; one with the limit set low and another with limit set high. That way when the temperature gets too low, the heating element would kick in, and then if gets to high, the cooling element would kick in.

Very interesting. I've got an idea how I would make one of those myself. I believe I guy would have to use two thermostats; one with the limit set low and another with limit set high. That way when the temperature gets too low, the heating element would kick in, and then if gets to high, the cooling element would kick in.

Thats pretty much what Im doing. Im looking for a nice controller now.

Lets say for example set your heating element to turn on @ 65 and off 68. I would set the cooling system up to turn on @ 75 and off @73.

These are just examples of temps. I would want a buffer in between so they were not running all of the time, also theoretically since the cooling and heating are two separate systems I would wire it up where one could not run while the other is on so they would not fight each other.
Additionally depending on the time of year and location of unit I might even disable either the heating or cooling side because one would only be needed.

Just fun to play around with ;-)
My closet method has worked great but I might be moving and the temps in that location are all over the place ;-)

I have been using the Exo Terra Incubator for over a year now with no problems. I have used it for both Panther /veiled Clutches as well as bearded Dragons. They are really easy to use. They also hold quite a few clutches as well. I also know another breeder who recommended it to us and they have been using them without problems since they came out. So I recommend them. :) Good Luck with the babies :)

I have been using the Exo Terra Incubator for over a year now with no problems. I have used it for both Panther /veiled Clutches as well as bearded Dragons. They are really easy to use. They also hold quite a few clutches as well. I also know another breeder who recommended it to us and they have been using them without problems since they came out. So I recommend them. :) Good Luck with the babies :)

Thanks for the feedback ;-)

Good deal. I'm glad to hear this, because two of them just showed up at my front door today, lol. Thanks for the info!

Ive decided to order one when I get home. With the price and free shipping ifs worth it. I did hear that they have pretty good customer service and any problems they will replace. It will work until the homemede version is done :)

Ive decided to order one when I get home. With the price and free shipping ifs worth it. I did hear that they have pretty good customer service and any problems they will replace. It will work until the homemede version is done :)

I've heard the same.

Back
Top Bottom