Exclusive secret photos from Ferdistan

Lathis

Chameleon Enthusiast
Ferdistan is a secretive caliphate bordered on the east by Lathisland and on the west by the Great Back Alley Sea. A defensive aluminum screen/plastic mesh border between the two countries has been a disagreement for nearly three years, but the two countries remain permanently diplomatically entangled by necessary trade and transportation routes. On warm, sunny (but not too hot) days, the court relocates to the Summer Palace with its lush greenery and spectacular views off Balcony Point. During periods of undesirable weather (like cloudy days and all winter), the entire country retreats to its inland empire.

Ferdistan is ruled by despotic Ferdinand Jackson, whose justice is both swift and decisive...except when it's slow and wishy-washy. Here, we see him about to render judgement on two captives... or about to walk over them without a second glance. You never really know.

:D

The Ferds isn't 100% yet, but he seems to be responding well to the medicines. No appetite, but he's drinking well. Today was the first day where I saw a bit of normal behavior - he was green instead of black and wanted to be out to explore. Three more days of antibiotics and one more dose of the antiparasitic. He's not a huge fan of anything squishy, but I've been offering him soft worms while the inflammation in his esophagus is being treated. Hopefully next week, we will be back to normal.

Attachments

• Ferdinand_the_tyrant.jpg
    Ferdinand_the_tyrant.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 248
  • Ferdistan.jpg
    Ferdistan.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 268
I am really glad to hear that Ferdinand is responding to his meds. That's a really good sign. I like his outside enclosure.

I caught two cabbage moths just now. He caught one like a pro and is stalking the other. I'm glad to see him doing better today. Thanks for all the well wishes. In the grand scheme of things, not nearly the worst it could be, but I've still been terribly worried about my Ferdie.

He did not eat either of those hornworms, FYI. Ingrate :)

Back
Top Bottom