Eva-Dry Dehumidifier

sageyurisic

I just got the Eva Dehumidifier in the mail,, not sure if i shld put it inside of his cage or outside of it ? I attached a picture of it to show how large it is compared to the cage. it makes no noise, doesnt even plug in just sits there. My humidity runs higher around 55-60 and 65 when misted.

Attachments

• E2722654-3DC9-4D70-877A-7E07CF58BCC6.jpeg
    E2722654-3DC9-4D70-877A-7E07CF58BCC6.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 101
I just got the Eva Dehumidifier in the mail,, not sure if i shld put it inside of his cage or outside of it ? I attached a picture of it to show how large it is compared to the cage. it makes no noise, doesnt even plug in just sits there. My humidity runs higher around 55-60 and 65 when misted.
I am not familiar with these but I would not put it in the cage. What type of Chameleon do you have?

For a Veiled their daytime humidity does better between 30-50%. It can sit higher and some do not have an issue with it. Others like my boy will sit and gape for hours if my dehumidifier is not on and his humidity climbs over 60%.
Ah gotcha! Thank you

I am not familiar with these but I would not put it in the cage. What type of Chameleon do you have?
i have it set outside of the cage and is seems to be bringing the humidity down just fine. he is a veiled, he is also shedding right now, hes ab to be done.

I smell incorrect lighting... are you using the dual dome fixture??
i am buying the t5 lighting tm at the moment im using the 15w 5.0 bulb,, i know thats not sufficient enough ive kept a very close eye on him and he stays at the top of the cage sometimes gets a little lower to cool off. ordered the wrong size in the t5 so i have to return and just go buy the correct size one since i am getting a bigger cage i need a bigger t5. he honestly has no signs of stress and is very friendly for a male.

i am buying the t5 lighting tm at the moment im using the 15w 5.0 bulb,, i know thats not sufficient enough ive kept a very close eye on him and he stays at the top of the cage sometimes gets a little lower to cool off. ordered the wrong size in the t5 so i have to return and just go buy the correct size one since i am getting a bigger cage i need a bigger t5. he honestly has no signs of stress and is very friendly for a male.
Ok, good for him!

Dehumidifier was for your house lol you said it was 80%. Humidity for chams isn't that important, ventilation is. As long as it's not extremely high or low your cham will be fine.

Just wondering how your Eva Dehumidifier is working out for you. I need to decrease my veiled’s day time humidity and was looking at these on Amazon. Isit meeting your need? Did you put it inside or outside the enclosure? TIA.

I’ve decided against it and ordered a small room dehumidifier instead. At least with this, I can use my temperature/humidity controller so I don’t end up drying out the enclosure too much. I’ll just set it on a table that’s close to the enclosure. Thank you both very much. Hope it works as I expect😁

I’ve decided against it and ordered a small room dehumidifier instead. At least with this, I can use my temperature/humidity controller so I don’t end up drying out the enclosure too much. I’ll just set it on a table that’s close to the enclosure. Thank you both very much. Hope it works as I expect😁
When I had to use a dehumidifier I bought a 30 pint for the actual room. This I kept a few feet away from my hybrid cages. My natural ambient humidity would easily reach 80% in the room. So running it during the day only when his lights were on would get it down to 45-50%.

So I got this little dehumidifier and it brought the enclosure humidity down from 74% to 57% in 1 hour! And it brought the other side of the room down from 76% to 58%. It‘s located in front of the enclosure on a plant stand. Much better than I expected it to be but I’ll try it out for the day and see how it goes. Thanks so much.

By the way, I learned something very important from you in a thread on reducing night time temperature. I didn‘t know that I should not be running the fogger at night when temps are high!!😳. So I shut it down and took it apart for cleaning and will not run it until I can get the temps down. Oh, and that’s something else I learned from you…I ran pvc pipes/fittings from the humidifier😃. I consider you a mentor in my quest to do the best I can for my boy Ricki. You rock👍

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 52
So I got this little dehumidifier and it brought the enclosure humidity down from 74% to 57% in 1 hour! And it brought the other side of the room down from 76% to 58%. It‘s located in front of the enclosure on a plant stand. Much better than I expected it to be but I’ll try it out for the day and see how it goes. Thanks so much.

By the way, I learned something very important from you in a thread on reducing night time temperature. I didn‘t know that I should not be running the fogger at night when temps are high!!😳. So I shut it down and took it apart for cleaning and will not run it until I can get the temps down. Oh, and that’s something else I learned from you…I ran pvc pipes/fittings from the humidifier😃. I consider you a mentor in my quest to do the best I can for my boy Ricki. You rock👍
Temps below 67 for night time use of a fogger. But the lower the better. It can be harder to achieve with solid side cages so you really have to focus on getting the ambient room temp down. Your cage is looking wonderful too.

Back
Top Bottom