Escaped Bugs?

I cup feed my chameleon and sometimes a bug will go flying out of the cup if he doesnt catch it. Superworms crickets and mealworms are in his feeding cup. What should I do if a mealworms or superworm burrows into one of my plants soil? How can I kill any bugs he does not eat?

I cup feed my chameleon and sometimes a bug will go flying out of the cup if he doesnt catch it. Superworms crickets and mealworms are in his feeding cup. What should I do if a mealworms or superworm burrows into one of my plants soil? How can I kill any bugs he does not eat?

Personally I don't do anything. However, if you want to get bugs out of the dirt you could take it out of the pot every few days and look for them. Or you could feed less of the worms to make sure they all get eaten

Chase

I wouldn't worry too much about the super worms and mealworms, they can turn into beetles and you can breed them or feed them :)

but the crickets can be a right pain.

I've been using small sticky traps for my apartment (not in the cage) and they've worked quite well. They're poison free.

If you want to catch crickets in your cage, I guess you could leave out a small ketchup cup of water at the bottom of your cage and they'll probably go in and drown themselves.

Back
Top Bottom