Escape Artist and Christmas

CrazyChamLady13

Yes I know that this is really early... but as many of you know, I have an escape artist!!! And no matter what I do, he finds a way out. So, I've been trying to chameleon proof the house. But as December draws near and Christmas tree and decor start going up, I'm stumped on what to do to my escape artist. I have tried limiting him to one room, but has figured out that if he climbs up the couch, he can get onto the computer and into the kitchen. Which the front door is there and I sometimes leave the front door open for fresh air and to let my dog and cat out when they want. However, Waldo Haas decided to use my dog as a transportation to the outside world. He's found out that front door = FREEDOM!!! Which is short lived with a transport back to he's cage by me... I know MEAN MOMMIE!

ANYWAYS, if Waldo gets out while I have decorations up, will the Christmas tree (artificial) be safe for him to climb on? Will any of it be safe?

I've seen many Panther chameleons on Christmas trees before. I've been free-ranging my chameleon since he was 5 months old in an open enclosure in a room and this will be the first time with a Christmas tree for him(the Christmas tree was in a different room last year). I would say as far as ornaments go, just make sure they are secure and cannot fall off if he decides to climb on them and I would avoid any kind of glitter. Glitter is made of glass and could possibly get in his eye which could cause blindness.also Christmas trees are pretty thick and chameleons are practically ninjas when it comes to making sure they are secured so they do not fall I wouldn't be too worried about that. That's about all I can recommend.

Back
Top Bottom