Entamoeba Invadens

elizaann2

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi All,

Can I get some feedback on how best to clean for this parasite? My male Amibile Panther's fecal just came back as positive for this and he has a moderate amount. She is prescribing him Metronitozol (spelling?) every other day for this. Any help or information on how I can best clear my boy up from this would be much appreciated!

Oh I do too! I’ve been reading about it since I found out. It sounds a little complicated based on the make up of the cysts. Maybe until she responds I’ll just sterilize his enclosure after each poop? I’m mostly curious if I need to replace all his plants and all that.

Oh I do too! I’ve been reading about it since I found out. It sounds a little complicated based on the make up of the cysts. Maybe until she responds I’ll just sterilize his enclosure after each poop? I’m mostly curious if I need to replace all his plants and all that.
Yeah let me reach out to someone as well.

@Beman, as I’ve continued to read about this parasite, I’m learning that it is highly contagious. To be safe I am going to treat my other Chameleon as if she has this parasite as well and clean her cage with the quarantine protocols that Bill Strand teaches in his podcast (episode 19).

Luckily she has her year vet appointment this Friday. I’ll be testing her for parasites as well but knowing Treebeard is infected I am going to test her for the next 3 poops to ensure she does not have this parasite as well.

I am considering leaving my veiled girl’s lay bin out of her enclose for the time being to avoid the substrate getting infected. I will obviously replace the substrate in her bin with all new substrate after sanitizing the bin. Her last lay date was on 1/28. Do you think it’s a good idea to keep her lay bin out for now?

@Beman, as I’ve continued to read about this parasite, I’m learning that it is highly contagious. To be safe I am going to treat my other Chameleon as if she has this parasite as well and clean her cage with the quarantine protocols that Bill Strand teaches in his podcast (episode 19).

Luckily she has her year vet appointment this Friday. I’ll be testing her for parasites as well but knowing Treebeard is infected I am going to test her for the next 3 poops to ensure she does not have this parasite as well.

I am considering leaving my veiled girl’s lay bin out of her enclose for the time being to avoid the substrate getting infected. I will obviously replace the substrate in her bin with all new substrate after sanitizing the bin. Her last lay date was on 1/28. Do you think it’s a good idea to keep her lay bin out for now?
Ok good. I did not know he covered it in his podcast. When cleaning do not cross contaminate anything from one cage to the other. Really important nothing goes back and forth until they are cleared.

I would think it would be ok to pull the lay bin since she just laid. Do you have her on the reduced diet and temps to control clutch production?

Ok good. I did not know he covered it in his podcast. When cleaning do not cross contaminate anything from one cage to the other. Really important nothing goes back and forth until they are cleared.

I would think it would be ok to pull the lay bin since she just laid. Do you have her on the reduced diet and temps to control clutch production?
He mentioned the name but not how to treat for it or method of cleaning. Since they are both amoebas I am just assuming I should treat it like coccidia.

I do have her on the reduced diet and temps.

He mentioned the name but not how to treat for it or method of cleaning. Since they are both amoebas I am just assuming I should treat it like coccidia.

I do have her on the reduced diet and temps.
Then I would think it would be ok to remove the bin while you get it all cleaned up.

My boy has been showing these darker colors. Is he really stressed or am I just paranoid?

Update on meds: his last dose is on Wednesday.

Attachments

• F800CD9E-8A1B-4241-9C43-D4E854F7501C.jpeg
    F800CD9E-8A1B-4241-9C43-D4E854F7501C.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom