Endless Misting Water Supply

jimr

I got real tired of always filling the mister water jug, so I came up with the method so I wont ever have to worry about running out of water. I go thru a gallon a day so this will make things easier. Just thought I would share my invention. LOL

Attachments

• 000_0026.jpg
    000_0026.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 211
  • 000_0027.jpg
    000_0027.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 228
  • 000_0028.jpg
    000_0028.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 239
  • 100_1228.jpg
    100_1228.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 100_1229.jpg
    100_1229.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 225
It looks like a very nice set up. I really don't understand how a lot of this works as I have not had to put one in yet... but I am thinking about what to do. Could you please explain you system so that I can understand more?

How to

It looks like a very nice set up. I really don't understand how a lot of this works as I have not had to put one in yet... but I am thinking about what to do. Could you please explain you system so that I can understand more?

All I did was take a bucket with a lid, drilled a hole in the bottom for the toilet tank water valve(you have to use the one that the float goes up and down, not the kind with the arm and ball). Attached the water hose to the valve(you have to make up some fittings to go from the valve pipe to a water bib fitting), drilled a 1/4 hole on the top to stick the hose in that goes to the pump and turn the water on. It was pretty simple, I'm sure if you show the pictures to the plumbing guy at lowes or home depot they could fix you up. Hope that helps

You are a genius! I was just wondering last night how I could get a direct water supply to my misting bucket and really couldn't think of a good way. Bravo! Going to implement this into my mist system for sure.

ive planed on doing something like this with as solenoid valve, but i havent wanted to bother having to tap into our existing plumbing if i dont have to (or cleaning out the basement to access it.)

how much was that float switch?

You are a genius! I was just wondering last night how I could get a direct water supply to my misting bucket and really couldn't think of a good way. Bravo! Going to implement this into my mist system for sure.

Just FYI....My family gave me the nickname McQuiver years ago....LOL I was also trying to figure out how to solve this problem, it was becoming a pain making sure the water did not run out. Funny thing is just two days ago I flushed the toilet and BAM it came to me how to do it. You just never know where inspiration will come from. LOL

ive planed on doing something like this with as solenoid valve, but i havent wanted to bother having to tap into our existing plumbing if i dont have to (or cleaning out the basement to access it.)

how much was that float switch?

Bucket W/Lid $4
Toilet Water Valve $8
Mics hose and fittings $8

All available at Lowes or Home Depot

Progress Report

This has been the best feature I have added. Since I installed this I never have to worry about running out of water. It's one less thing I have to worry about

That's one way to do it!

Only issue I have with the tank floats.... they get stuck and can run on... ever had to go shake a toilets handle before?

However I have had good success with these type of floats in my yrs of saltwater tanks, only heard of horror stories but never had one luckily. I plan to automate my water/drainage systems as well. The floats I use are different but same basic philosophy.

I am going to use a ac condensation pump to handle the drainage. And use one of these mechanical floats after my RO feed into my mist king container.

Back
Top Bottom