Enclosures

CrazyMango

I'm just wondering how the heck you guys build such good enclosures. Either I suck at designing them or you guys are the GOATs.

Why?? Isn’t it mainly just coming up with a plan, and then like drilling the frame together and lots of screwing in screws??? I feel like you can make it pretty straightforward

Why?? Isn’t it mainly just coming up with a plan, and then like drilling the frame together and lots of screwing in screws??? I feel like you can make it pretty straightforward
I have no idea I tried it with my crested gecko, and I F***ed it up pretty darn bad. I tried so many different ways, but it never comes together.

Are you talking about building an enclosure or filling one?
For building, you need to draw up a plan.When cutting, measure twice and cut once. I tend to build things lop-sided and am afraid of using the circular saw, so I don’t attempt building.
For decorating, you just have to go by what your cham needs...lots of branches and live plants. Wind the vines of a pothos loosely around some branches for more coverage. Add a wandering Jew for a little pop of color. Mine were kind of pretty when I first made them, but as some plants died, others grew and my chams eat the leaves, they aren’t so pretty anymore...but my chams don’t care.

Are you talking about building an enclosure or filling one?
For building, you need to draw up a plan.When cutting, measure twice and cut once. I tend to build things lop-sided and am afraid of using the circular saw, so I don’t attempt building.
For decorating, you just have to go by what your cham needs...lots of branches and live plants. Wind the vines of a pothos loosely around some branches for more coverage. Add a wandering Jew for a little pop of color. Mine were kind of pretty when I first made them, but as some plants died, others grew and my chams eat the leaves, they aren’t so pretty anymore...but my chams don’t care.
Im talking about decorating the inside of enclosures. I wouldn't even think of building one yet.?

Yeah, its just so many questions with like how am I supposed to find a plant that's 3 1/2 feet tall and the other plants aren't at my home depot that are safe for veils.
You don’t have to place plants on the bottom. With the ledges you can hang plants mid air and use that to fill in empty spaces. @Beman can you post a pic of your enclosure?

Also I have no idea how to install dragon strands in a reptibreeze without messing that up so.... yeah
My mom and I were stuck on how to install them bc the paper instructions dont have much detail. We watched a video on youtube and it helped some. I’m sure someone on the forums can walk you through the steps on how to attach them correctly.

Yeah, its just so many questions with like how am I supposed to find a plant that's 3 1/2 feet tall and the other plants aren't at my home depot that are safe for veils.
Try local nurseries, Walmart, even some supermarkets have houseplants. It took me forever and a day to find a prayer plant. I never did find a wandering Jew, but a kind member gave me a clipping, which has taken off like crazy.

My mom and I were stuck on how to install them bc the paper instructions dont have much detail. We watched a video on youtube and it helped some. I’m sure someone on the forums can walk you through the steps on how to attach them correctly.
It’s easiest to attach the dragon ledges before you put your enclosure together. I messed up my first time installing them and just took it apart and tried again. :)

It’s easiest to attach the dragon ledges before you put your enclosure together. I messed up my first time installing them and just took it apart and tried again. :)
wait I was told that you were supposed to cut holes in the mesh and put the outward sticking squares into the holes in the mesh. I'm soooo confused right now.

Try local nurseries, Walmart, even some supermarkets have houseplants. It took me forever and a day to find a prayer plant. I never did find a wandering Jew, but a kind member gave me a clipping, which has taken off like crazy.
thanks i will look further into these suggestions.

thanks i will look further into these suggestions.
When you do get the ledges in I would definitely do what bill strand recommends (I put pictures of what he recommends to do) and then the other picture is my enclosure when after I did this I love it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200813-212538_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200813-212538_Chrome.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 20201010_174313.jpg
    20201010_174313.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom