Enclosures/Free range

jessica

Avid Member
Can you guys please share pictures or links of your Melleri enclosures?

I know alot of the Melleri owners here free range and I understand it is the prefered method for these guys.

My question is do some of you have them in a 50% free range 50% cage?

I've been reading the Melleri Discovery and seen some amazing free ranges on Chameleon online, but I am curious to see the different enclosures and free ranges from some experienced owners here.

I did use the search and found a few but I am kinda hoping to consolidate them to one thread I've been searching for a a couple hours :eek:

Your time and help is greatly appreciated

Jessica

Thank you Jannb :)

Does anyone here have there Melleri in a caged enclosure? Anyone willing to share pictures and dimensions?

?!BUMP!?

I've seen grear free ranges but...

Is there any Melleri owners willing to share information on their caged enclosures??

Diminsions, what kind of trees, plants, decor you use??

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Jessica

She is a veiled but here is her free range it has a constant filtered drip system that is plumbed into the house water lands in a bucket then pumped outside

Attachments

• freerange.jpg
    freerange.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 325
Thanks Dj, your free range I nice and I bet Gucci likes it. ;)

But,

I m looking for CAGED ENCLOSURES for adult Melleri.

There was a thread about a mellers the other day. She kept it in a 3x3x4 enclosure and Summoner12 said it was good.

Try PMing him or pardalisgirl.

This pic is a bit old but the setup hasn't changed too much. I did add a 1.5" wooden curtain rod across the entire 6" area. In the year or so she's been there, she's only left it once or twice. To be honest, I can't really see a meller's in a cage, but maybe it's just me. :)

dsc_3451.jpg

melle-mad.jpg

Luis

Ciafardo 4: Thank you very much!

Luis I agree they should be free ranged, the enclosure would be for his/her own saftey when Im unable to supervise, I have dogs :eek:.

It looks like a good start but you might want to add some more vines for your cham to move around on. The plants should fill in nicely and give good cover. Do you have vines that are higher than your head? Melleri get fussy when they aren't sitting higher than us humans.

Lol! This is all great info however it never addresses the original question.

Can you guys please share pictures or links of your Melleri enclosures?

With all of the pics people have posted of their enclosures for melleri :rolleyes:, I'd have to guess that either everyone free ranges them 100% of the time or you didn't ask while doing the secret melleri handshake. It seems as though husbandry questions for melleri are often times ignored and only responded to via PM.

i free range my melleri inside on cold nights or keep the biger ones in a large 6 foot tall by 4 feet deep by 12 feel long out door cage with free time on my small mango tree. and my lil melleri r being cham sat by the photo princess. she is doing such an amazing job.

Back
Top Bottom