Enclosure

I took Kimi my 3.5 month old Female Veiled Chameleon home. So far she stays in one spot and does t move much. She is only with me 3 days so far. She is only 4.5inches long from head to tail. She is very tiny. My question I have is what size of enclosure should she be in now because I one I have sitting here right now is a Reptibreeze XL but she will be to small for that at the moment I would think so. I have her in eco terra 24” long by 18” at the moment. Is that alright for now or should I change? If so what size should I have her in right now? Also what is the best basking temp for her age right now?

The reptibreeze is fine, you just have to set it up right, use a lot of small branches and a feeder cup to make it easier for your little one to eat, veileds are great hunters and would do fine either way. Remember in the wild they have a whole bush or tree to roam, a 4 foot cage isn’t at all big .

The reptibreeze is fine, you just have to set it up right, use a lot of small branches and a feeder cup to make it easier for your little one to eat, veileds are great hunters and would do fine either way. Remember in the wild they have a whole bush or tree to roam, a 4 foot cage isn’t at all big .
Great thank you for your reply. Just want to make sure the xl reptibreeze isn’t to big for her because she is so tiny. Scared she won’t find her feeding cup. She is so much smaller then what Charlie by Panther Chameleon was at that age.

Great thank you for your reply. Just want to make sure the xl reptibreeze isn’t to big for her because she is so tiny. Scared she won’t find her feeding cup. She is so much smaller then what Charlie by Panther Chameleon was at that age.
I raised my panther in the same cage, he did great, I have the feeder cups that @nick barta sells , used a dropper and misting ayatwm
And tones of very thin branches and pothos. Good luck, post pics!

right now the best basking temp should be around 72 to 80 degrees, nd the reptibreeze is fine, do u have a lay bin for her? I would set it up as a permanent part of her cage

I know it will be a long time until she develops eggs but I would have it on hand because 4-6 months will pass by fast

They quickly learn there is food in the feeder cup, I use a clear cup and put it in the same secure spot, every / other morning

I would start setting one up just in case because she will need one eventually. do a lot of research on it

Back
Top Bottom