Enclosure setup

I ended up putting these pieces of wood that I spray painted black on the corners of the enclosure and have the lighting on the edges
3071A467-5F02-4567-A79B-ED24CB14CF4E.jpeg
255E27BA-7AC4-4DF4-954B-A300E6118EF1.jpeg
E19D2878-839E-41F5-9486-7DFFCD3FAD6E.jpeg
9EB6C28E-3F84-4310-A63B-0358F82FAFAD.jpeg

I also added some stuff on my wall as well as bought an umbrella tree
I still need to google incandescent bulbs

68BF6BE7-96B3-4A72-B2C5-F726932437C8.jpeg
9EBBCA41-A4F3-47AC-BBCA-B405CEC89581.jpeg

I ended up putting these pieces of wood that I spray painted black on the corners of the enclosure and have the lighting on the edges View attachment 283388View attachment 283389View attachment 283390View attachment 283391

I also added some stuff on my wall as well as bought an umbrella tree
I still need to google incandescent bulbs

View attachment 283392View attachment 283393
It's looking good. I like the live plants and pathways! And that wooden lift for the lights is very cool.
I would suggest finding so humidity and temperature guages that are digital with a probe. The one I see on the right hand side is analog and reads incorrectly.

It's looking good. I like the live plants and pathways! And that wooden lift for the lights is very cool.
I would suggest finding so humidity and temperature guages that are digital with a probe. The one I see on the right hand side is analog and reads incorrectly.
Thank you ! Yes I’m in the process of looking for a waterproof temperature of humidity hydrometer to put inside the enclosure. I have the little red one there as a backup and I have a temperature gun as well to check spots

Thank you ! Yes I’m in the process of looking for a waterproof temperature of humidity hydrometer to put inside the enclosure. I have the little red one there as a backup and I have a temperature gun as well to check spots
May I suggest a digital hygrometer/thermometer with probe.
Something like this (or similar). The wire is usually long enough to put the probe where needed, but keep the readout outside where it's dry. Also reads temperature.

I have a komodo dual gauge which has 3 probes 2 temp 1 humidity. I temp probe at basking the other near the bottom they are pretty accurate as I placed them beside a lucky reptile thermo only 0.5 to 1 degree dif . The humidity probe is a bit further out as I tried it beside a mini govee which imo a really nice bit of kit. You say waterproof but you don't want them to get wet as this will give you a false reading the the actual enclosure humidity

I'm not sure if they have brands. IME, most of the cheap ones from China are about the same; it wouldn't surprise me if they're all made by the same factory or company. All work fine, and within advertised tolerances.

Question, is this basking bulb okay ?
should I get a 60w or 75w for a baby panther chameleon and as he gets older will the wattage increase?
right now I have this one 75w intense basking spot :
7CE9D4E1-A225-47F3-B0F7-7D2FE629C8E2.jpeg

But I was looking at this one since it says “daylight” :

95F09EA8-0BF0-4ECC-83AE-49CE76313B19.jpeg

Finding the wattage one needs for one's enclosure is a matter of trial & error—there is no "one wattage fits all". However, once you find the best one that works for you, minor adjustments are easier. You can move bulb up or down OR left/right, which can also provide a temperature gradient.

I do not recommend "spot" lights; "flood"s are OK. Spots are too difficult to control, but floods are better at providing a gradient. Some floods are also dimmable—another means of control.

Finding the wattage one needs for one's enclosure is a matter of trial & error—there is no "one wattage fits all". However, once you find the best one that works for you, minor adjustments are easier. You can move bulb up or down OR left/right, which can also provide a temperature gradient.

I do not recommend "spot" lights; "flood"s are OK. Spots are too difficult to control, but floods are better at providing a gradient. Some floods are also dimmable—another means of control.
I went ahead and ordered the halogen bulbs from Arcadia to try out and got a few different wattage to try out, thank you ! My concern is that my house can get below 65 degrees at night how can I make sure the chameleon is fine and not too cold ?

He will be fine at lower than 60 temps...it will get a little sketchy if it dips down the the 40s for a significant amount of time

I went ahead and ordered the halogen bulbs from Arcadia to try out and got a few different wattage to try out, thank you ! My concern is that my house can get below 65 degrees at night how can I make sure the chameleon is fine and not too cold ?
As AmandaS noted, he'll probably be fine, but if it becomes a matter for concern, you can add a ceramic heat emitter (CHE). They provide heat without light, fit a standard lightbulb socket, come in various wattages, and would be mounted above.

As AmandaS noted, he'll probably be fine, but if it becomes a matter for concern, you can add a ceramic heat emitter (CHE). They provide heat without light, fit a standard lightbulb socket, come in various wattages, and would be mounted above.
Thank you ! A co worker of mine has a Chameleon and mention the ceramic heat emitter too, my room where I plan to keep the chameleon sometimes get around 52 degrees I have a heater but it doesn’t reach far

I finally have my mistking set up and fogger, I’m going to test all my temperatures tomorrow once I’m home from work.
I was wondering since I have the enclosure in my room do you think the light from the extension cord outlet will bother the chameleon? I know they have to have 12 hours of lights on and 12 hours of lights off..
C68E501C-8F16-4DD1-815D-9442A992A481.jpeg
932E8FD5-F3B0-4708-84C0-712463513EDC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom