Enclosure set up for panther chameleon

Sailouchai

Hey ive been working on my enclosure for a while now and this is how its going, I have the UVB, Basking, and LED lights working, already installed the misting and fogger system, did my best with the basking branch and the plants that im using are Golden Pothos, all of it is hanging and not touching the floor, for the draining im using dog pee pads that i will be changing once everyday, I also put some branches on the back of the leaves so he feels safe and hidden, average getting 80% to 90% humidity and temp is 75-70 day time and 60/65 night time, misting system is set up for 45 seconds at 12AM and for 1 minute at 6AM (still waiting for the baby to arrive so I can check how he feels about a misting session in between those two, Ill be adding a dripper when he gets here, hes gonna arrive on wednesday 18 so Im just trying figure out what Im missing before he gets here

Attachments

• C812029D-8C9B-4830-9736-E2F45B7C1191.jpeg
    C812029D-8C9B-4830-9736-E2F45B7C1191.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 126
  • B4961FE8-BF33-4C39-B79E-74BE15BD1509.jpeg
    B4961FE8-BF33-4C39-B79E-74BE15BD1509.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 8689E0EF-2F0E-427F-AA0A-09F36F9F45E8.jpeg
    8689E0EF-2F0E-427F-AA0A-09F36F9F45E8.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 7BF55B25-2828-46AF-9150-097C6B881043.jpeg
    7BF55B25-2828-46AF-9150-097C6B881043.jpeg
    334.6 KB · Views: 131
It looks great! What uvb are you using? And are you planning on having 80-90% of humidity just during the night or throughout the whole day?

I dont really remember the uvb that im using I believe its this one which might seem kinda high but I got the solarmeter and Im getting 3.0 in the basking site

Attachments

• 8D68FFE1-92F0-4E00-8665-B65BDB6BCEC8.jpeg
    8D68FFE1-92F0-4E00-8665-B65BDB6BCEC8.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 5463097A-A6FD-456F-9EAE-C902296A81E7.jpeg
    5463097A-A6FD-456F-9EAE-C902296A81E7.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 82
It looks great! What uvb are you using? And are you planning on having 80-90% of humidity just during the night or throughout the whole day?
When It comes to the humidity Im not really sure Im just following guides this is my first time having a reptile

Lol sorry half sleeping ( funny that's it the thread title ) so anyway for daytime humidity you will want 50to 60 %70 max for a panther. When joining did you fill out a husbandry form as this is the best way to get the most help ?

Lol sorry half sleeping ( funny that's it the thread title ) so anyway for daytime humidity you will want 50to 60 %70 max for a panther. When joining did you fill out a husbandry form as this is the best way to get the most help ?
I dont think that I filled any form to be honest

And the humidity shouldnt be a problem because I get it up to 80 because I was trying to keep it high, naturally it will get 65 to 70

Wow…first things first, I wish everyone would start you started, I can see you did your homework at the Chameleon Academy, big thumbs up for that 👌🏻👌🏻

@Flick boy here you go 😉

Welcome on here! Filling out this form in as much detail as possible, including more pics your chameleon, his entire cage, and his lights, will be super helpful! You can copy & paste this and fill it with your info.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Okay so theres nothing I need to add to the enclosure? ill be making the form when I get the baby chameleon and Ill see how he reacts to it

Hi so I noticed you have an analogue temp/humidity gauge. Wired digital probes are more accurate you will want at least 2 temp probes 1 at the basking area where the back of your baby will be and 1 closer to the bottom to check your thermal gradient. And a humidity probe somewhere in the middle ( making sure it is somewhere that does not get sprayed as this will give you false results) I use 3 in my enclosure plus a govee mini wireless which is good too see what's going on at night with temps and humidity

Hi so I noticed you have an analogue temp/humidity gauge. Wired digital probes are more accurate you will want at least 2 temp probes 1 at the basking area where the back of your baby will be and 1 closer to the bottom to check your thermal gradient. And a humidity probe somewhere in the middle ( making sure it is somewhere that does not get sprayed as this will give you false results) I use 3 in my enclosure plus a govee mini wireless which is good too see what's going on at night with temps and humidity
Can you link me the ones you use on amazon or something so I can check them out? I have a wireless digital one and one with gauge and they do have different numbers I was gonna rely on the digital one but Ill check yours out

Hey Sailouchai, loving the set up man.
I've currently got my lighting sat directly on top of the cage and i'd like to move it 2-3 inches higher, similar to what you've done.
Whats the name of the metal grid you've got between the cage and your lighting?

I've currently got my lighting sat directly on top of the cage and i'd like to move it 2-3 inches higher, similar to what you've done.
Hey I have everything set up here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019GNRJPU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
thats the metal rack that you are asking for

Back
Top Bottom