Enclosure For My 4 Month Veiled

iTsJusTMe

Hes in there somewhere :D

Attachments

• New Image.jpg
    New Image.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 176
Absolutely beautiful enclosure! :)

One thing I recommend though.. Put larger stones (2 inches long minimum) big enough so he cannot swallow them on top of that sandy dirt in your ficus pot.

This way water can still get in, but he cannot go down and eat the dirt and get impacted (possibly) later on.

Otherwise it's beautiful.

Also do you have a UVB light? That's important

Absolutely beautiful enclosure! :)

One thing I recommend though.. Put larger stones (2 inches long minimum) big enough so he cannot swallow them on top of that sandy dirt in your ficus pot.

This way water can still get in, but he cannot go down and eat the dirt and get impacted (possibly) later on.

Otherwise it's beautiful.

Also do you have a UVB light? That's important
Ok so that pic was taken about two weeks ago and i noticed him doing exactly what you are talking about.He was eating sand so i did some research and did put some rocks on top of the sand asap. Pics down below are updated and show the rocks and my uvb 5.0 lighting and grow light for the plants..... And El Chameleo being camera shy like always :) thanks for the warning and the compliment.

Attachments

• 20130716_093637.jpg
    20130716_093637.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 20130716_093715.jpg
    20130716_093715.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 20130716_093736.jpg
    20130716_093736.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 145
The cage looks good.

All uv or grow lights need to be on top of the cage. Placing them how they currently are can cause serious eye problems which you obviously want to avoid.

The cage looks good.

All uv or grow lights need to be on top of the cage. Placing them how they currently are can cause serious eye problems which you obviously want to avoid.

Thanks and the uvb is on top and the grow light has a plastic cover over the bulb so its not so bright.

how big is your cage? i want to upgrade my girls cage to the "big boy" but im a little nervous that itll be too big for her to find food at the size she is... i have a feeder cup with some roaches in it and i just kind a let her crickets roam the cage so she actually has to hunt them down

how big is your cage? i want to upgrade my girls cage to the "big boy" but im a little nervous that itll be too big for her to find food at the size she is... i have a feeder cup with some roaches in it and i just kind a let her crickets roam the cage so she actually has to hunt them down

I do the same with my crickets:) This cage isn't too big its 15x15x28 but I added some to it to make it a 15x15x36. This is my temporary enclosure just until he's big enough for my 18x30x48 that I built. My veiled is 4 months and only plan to keep him in here for another 3-4...... Thanks everyone for the compliments :D

Thanks and the uvb is on top and the grow light has a plastic cover over the bulb so its not so bright.

Won't the plastic cover prevent the UV from getting through? I heard that UVB rays cannot even get through clear glass....

The grow light still needs to be on too of the enclosure though. Any lighting vertically can cause serious eye problems, not just uv bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom