Enclosure for a Panther Chameleon.

Barye

Hello!

I have already disinfected the tank after Jojo's last presence.

I want to ask if would be enough for a single Panther chameleon?
All the potential suggestions are welcome.
The size is 60x60x170cm.
The floor is a thick layer of a coconut soil.
The walls are built of tiny mosquito net. (two side walls are not currently built out of it, but they're gonna be switched to it soon.
Plenty of artificial plants are mounted from the lower parts to the higher parts of the tank.
The fogger output is mounted at the top of the tank, and the fog is going straight downside it.
The background was supposed to be a rock formation with a dilophosaurus skull stuck inside (aestethic value)
As the winter comes, i thought about mounting the heating wires outside of mosquito net, in order of my cham not freezing in winter (during that time, temps in my room can be as low as 12 Celcius degree.
When the heat bulb is on, the temperature in the overall tank is around 20 degrees, and around 30 in the basking spot.
Humidity is fully modulable. I can vary it between 40 and 90~100% based on the settings I choose. (are panther dry shedders as well? what would be the perfect humidity during the day?)
The UVB is the recommended T5 Arcadia 12% lamp.
I've still got the supplementations- Calcium without D3, and Reptivite Vitamins (with D3)
I will obviously start to feed him with tiny insects, as I will aim for the baby cham.

Attachments

• 444.jpg
    444.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 555.jpg
    555.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 666.jpg
    666.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 93
Hi and welcome. When you say 6ox60x120 . Is 120 the length or the height, as it looks like the length. Yes they are dry shedders . 50 / 60 % humidity during the day ,live plants are best ,not only do they help with humidity but help with air quality, on this site a t5 ho 6% is reccomended on others a 12% , this will all depend on the distance from basking and the type of mesh it has to penetrant, the best way is to have a solarmeter.

The 60x60 are length and depth, 170cm is the height. Distance between basking spot and the UVB is 15 cm.

Sorry no glasses on I thought it said 120 cm. My 6% through repti breeze mesh is 8inches from basking. What is your enclosure, rembering that your chameleons back will reduce that distance. A solarmeter is the only real way of determine the uvi level . But in my opinion that is to close ( 15 cm/ 6 inches )

Oh, i made a mistake, my lamp is actually 6% which makes it better suitable. Taking that in count, will the 15cm distance be okay? I can always place it higher so Theres no problem

Hi @Beppo . do you have your own thread ? i am having a hard time understanding this format and where to post, i do apologise. I tried to delete that previous comment as you can see because its imcomplete. i was looking for information on where to place a plant light bar? Would it also sit on the enclosure lid? again sorry and maybe you could point me in the direction of information on getting started on here , so i dont post in the wrong spot again? Any help is greatly appreciated.

No worries. @Beppo 👍yes I have my plant light up top running parallel to my t5 uv . If you want now or in the future to start your own thread click on the three bars top left go to home page then scroll down ,click View more ,then post thread should be at the top of the page , and choose where you want it ie general discussion ,enclosure and supplies , hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom