Enclosure Check!! Open to any suggestions or questions!

Haley Hendrix

Avid Member
I’ve been getting the things to set up my enclosure the past couple of weeks with the help of @Kristen Wilkins I’m getting a boy from @jannb. I’m open to any feedback and comments. I want to make sure he lives the best life!

Supplement: Calcium without D3 everyday and then alternate between multivitiam and calcium with D3 every Sunday

Food: Crickets, Hornworms, Silkworms if i can get my hands on them, BSFL, and once he gets a bit bigger dubia roaches

The cage is 2 feet of the ground. It’s on a nightstand. There is also a drainage tray to catch any water from mister.

Basking is at 83
Middle of cage is around 77
Bottom of cage is at 73

I have all live plants including Hibiscus, pothos, and croton.

Lightning: I have T5 linear 5.0 UVB, and grow light for hibiscus, then a 60 watt incandescent bulb

Watering: I have a misting system and a dripper

Last here is the enclosure:

Attachments

• 6FDAF70D-2D80-4715-A886-F8CD14EEC508.jpeg
    6FDAF70D-2D80-4715-A886-F8CD14EEC508.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 158
  • 693A2560-D42D-4903-BB63-654CEB10618F.jpeg
    693A2560-D42D-4903-BB63-654CEB10618F.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 116
I’ve been getting the things to set up my enclosure the past couple of weeks with the help of @Kristen Wilkins I’m getting a boy from @jannb. I’m open to any feedback and comments. I want to make sure he lives the best life!

Supplement: Calcium without D3 everyday and then alternate between multivitiam and calcium with D3 every Sunday

Food: Crickets, Hornworms, Silkworms if i can get my hands on them, BSFL, and once he gets a bit bigger dubia roaches

The cage is 2 feet of the ground. It’s on a nightstand. There is also a drainage tray to catch any water from mister.

Basking is at 83
Middle of cage is around 77
Bottom of cage is at 73

I have all live plants including Hibiscus, pothos, and croton.

Lightning: I have T5 linear 5.0 UVB, and grow light for hibiscus, then a 60 watt incandescent bulb

Watering: I have a misting system and a dripper

Last here is the enclosure:

looking great !. Did you Measure the top of plant/ branches from top ? It looks a bit more then 12in ??.

Haley also there’s brackets for the nozzles (misting System ) if you want to space them out . Let me see if I can get a link for you !.

Looks so great! My only tiny note is that I noticed our lady Panther "seemed" a lot happier when we raised her enclosure higher up off the ground, so that her branching spot was about 6" above our eye-line when we're standing. I could be totally reading into that, but if you could raise it up higher perhaps your little one might like it? congrats on the upcoming babe!

Looks so great! My only tiny note is that I noticed our lady Panther "seemed" a lot happier when we raised her enclosure higher up off the ground, so that her branching spot was about 6" above our eye-line when we're standing. I could be totally reading into that, but if you could raise it up higher perhaps your little one might like it? congrats on the upcoming babe!
Your not at all !!. Think of their natural living . One would need to look up to find them . They retreat into Thicker areas when it’s hot . Really only seen at night do to the pj color or hunting . Safe is above !.

I don't personally like an opening at the top. I'd rather raise the lights up so your chameleon can utilize more of the cage.

Also, good chance over time your crotons will suffer without much better light. They are high light plants and you have one that is down in the dark it looks like.

I don't personally like an opening at the top. I'd rather raise the lights up so your chameleon can utilize more of the cage.

Also, good chance over time your crotons will suffer without much better light. They are high light plants and you have one that is down in the dark it looks like.
Haley is adding more branches and vine on top . She also has grew lights . Not sure if there in but there ordered . She will reply more in that I’m sure .

Great job! It’s a nice set up! The only thing I’d recommend is hanging the basking light up over the cage. As babies they will sometimes hang on the screen under the basking light and he could get a burn. A hanging Pothos at the top would help fill in the open area and as said above more vines and branches to provide more walkways.

Yes i have grow light on top. It’s a dual fixture it has grow light and uvb in it. I’m going to move the one on the bottom just thinking about where to put it?

Great job! It’s a nice set up! The only thing I’d recommend is hanging the basking light up over the cage. As babies they will sometimes hang on the screen under the basking light and he could get a burn. A hanging Pothos at the top would help fill in the open area and as said above more vines and branches to provide more walkways.

Okay, and yes i’m getting more branches and vines!! Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom