Enclosure build help and ideas

Imcole0617

I'm getting a 2'x2'x4' mesh enclosure and I wanted to get some ideas on what I should put in it and how to set up said decorations. I have about six artificial plants right now and three six foot branches to walk on. I was thinking of putting some golden pathos inside to add some real plants and would like more recommendations on real plants to put in there. If anyone has more suggestions on what to put inside it would be appreciated thanks.

Hey! From new chameleon keeper to new chameleon keeper, here’s what I’ve found through my research as I prep to get mine!

For plants that are safe for chameleons, I’d refer you to this list:

Chameleon safe plants

Also, have you heard of the YouTube channel ‘Neptune the Chameleon’? It is extremely helpful and taught me a ton of really helpful, relevant information. Such as avoiding artificial plants because they can cause an obstruction if the cham eats it. If you go to her channel home page and sort by most popular videos, you’ll find a lot of the best educational ones. But in my opinion they’re all good!

I am by no means an expert here, so those that are more experienced please correct me if anything needs to be. Just sharing what I found helpful as I did my research :)

Hey! From new chameleon keeper to new chameleon keeper, here’s what I’ve found through my research as I prep to get mine!

Chameleon safe plants

Also, have you heard of the YouTube channel ‘Neptune the Chameleon’? It is extremely helpful and taught me a ton of really helpful, relevant information. Such as avoiding artificial plants because they can cause an obstruction if the cham eats it. If you go to her channel home page and sort by most popular videos, you’ll find a lot of the best educational ones. But in my opinion they’re all good!

I am by no means an expert here, so those that are more experienced please correct me if anything needs to be. Just sharing what I found helpful as I did my research :)
I think you did a great job providing links for info. Another place to look is chameleonacademy.com

Chameleon safe plants

Thank you I'll look at the YouTube videos they look helpful.

I'm getting a 2'x2'x4' mesh enclosure and I wanted to get some ideas on what I should put in it and how to set up said decorations. I have about six artificial plants right now and three six foot branches to walk on. I was thinking of putting some golden pathos inside to add some real plants and would like more recommendations on real plants to put in there. If anyone has more suggestions on what to put inside it would be appreciated thanks.
Please use live plants ONLY inside your enclosure. Live plants help increase and maintain humidity.
These lists contain chameleon-safe plants, but read all the material on the pages, particularly the first link.

https://chameleonacademy.com/plants/
https://caskabove.com/chameleon-safe-plants
https://www.madcham.de/en/pflanzen-fuers-terrarium/
https://www.chameleons.info/l/safe-and-unsafe-plants/

It's also a good idea to learn about plants & their requirements (soil, water, food, light, etc) to ensure they thrive in the environment you're creating. Not all plants do well together or in every situation.

Chameleons don't really need much beyond plants to hide in and drink from, branches & vines to climb on to get around, and food. Anything beyond that is more for our benefit than theirs.

Back
Top Bottom