Enclosure advice

And as far as the actual design of the cage everything looks ok? Like enough shade the basking spot a few inches from the light and what not

So you’re saying use the repashy I have 2 feedings a month and use just regular calcium on all other feedings, no feedings of just plain crickets?
So with every feeder you ever feed you will need to dust it. This is done to balance the calcium to phosphorus levels. feeders are high in phosphorus. So we use calcium without D3 that is phos free to balance it out.

Yes, if you keep the supplement you have this becomes you calcium with D3 and multivitamin including Vitamin A. This would be used 2 times a month say the 1st and the 15th and then you would buy something like the repashy Supercal NoD... This would be your plain calcium and used at all other feedings. https://www.store.repashy.com/supercal-nod-6-oz-jar.html

Also what t5 would you guys recommend
Is your fixture the Zoo Med T5 High Output with an LED strip on it? If so that’s good, and you can keep your current Zoo Med 5.0 bulb in it. Just make sure to replace it every six months. If you switch to an Arcadia 6% bulb, you only have to replace them once a year. Also getting a UVI Solarmeter is an important tool to have!

My current lighting setup

Attachments

• 4E96F731-74C7-4E2D-9C62-A4F0377C0783.png
    4E96F731-74C7-4E2D-9C62-A4F0377C0783.png
    404.5 KB · Views: 80
I just bought these plants were told they are money tree and umbrella pants I would just like to make sure the person at Adams didn’t steer me in the wrong direction are these definitely safe for my chameleon I’m just a bit paranoid but would like to make sure the chameleon has everything it needs and doesn’t get sick

And should I clean the plants in anyway before putting them in the enclosure in case there was an insecticides or anything on the plants

My current lighting setup
So those lights are incorrect. Get a regular white light incandescent bulb to replace the blue basking bulb, and toss the UVB that comes with that (after you install better UVB). You’ll want to get a T5 High Output light fixture (get one that’s either the length across the top of your enclosure or a size longer, that way you can put the fixture straight across the middle of the top of the cage or going diagonal across the middle), and a matching sized Arcadia 6% or Zoo Med 5.0 UVB linear bulb. With the Arcadia you only have to replace the UVB once a year, while Zoo Med’s is every six months. Either way, I recommend getting a UVI Solarmeter if you can afford it.
And should I clean the plants in anyway before putting them in the enclosure in case there was an insecticides or anything on the plants
Those plants you got are perfect! People clean plants many different ways, like using dish soap with water, diluted bleach with water, Physan, steam cleaning, etc, or just a thorough wash with water. Whichever way you choose, make sure the plant is thoroughly rinsed afterwards. Also make sure to put pebbles/rocks too big for your chameleon to eat over the soil in the pot.

Alright is there any certain lights or brands you recommend so I know what to get for sure and I appreciate the input thanks

Would these work to cover the soul for the plants

Attachments

• 6E542278-2622-4649-A1A6-D245D8467EB0.png
    6E542278-2622-4649-A1A6-D245D8467EB0.png
    203.6 KB · Views: 71
Alright is there any certain lights or brands you recommend so I know what to get for sure and I appreciate the input thanks
You’ll want to get a T5 High Output light fixture (get one that’s either the length across the top of your enclosure or a size longer, that way you can put the fixture straight across the middle of the top of the cage or going diagonal across the middle), and a matching sized Arcadia 6% or Zoo Med 5.0 UVB linear bulb. With the Arcadia you only have to replace the UVB once a year, while Zoo Med’s is every six months. Either way, I recommend getting a UVI Solarmeter if you can afford it.

Would these work to cover the soul for the plants
No, you’ll want something larger. You can get a big bag of river rocks for like $5 at any home improvement store

Alright we’ll I use the current bulb for heat will the bulbs you’re talking about create the same amount of heat?

Back
Top Bottom