Emergency!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? VEILED CHAMELEON, MALE, 2++ YEARS, 2+ YEARS
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? DAILY
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? A lot of super worms, daily, they eat meal, I also fed him human food and other things unhealthy, but realized now. Glad you figured out that at least some of the human food wasn't good for him. Crickets are a good staple because they are easy to get, easy to feed/gutload...but silkworms, hornworms, roaches, BSFL, locusts and once in a while, superworms, waxworms are good too. It's important to feed/gutload the insects well to keep your chameleon healthy. I feed/gutload crickets, roaches, locusts, superworms dandelion greens, kale, collards, endive, escarole, carrots, squash, zucchini, sweet red peppers, sweet potato, and a very small amount of fruit such as apples,mpears, berries, papaya, melon.
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Need to use supplement, I have it but don’t use. I don't know what supplement you have but I would recommend using a phos free calcium powder dusted lightly on the insects at almost all feedings and a phos free calcium/D3 powder lightly on two of the feedings a month two weeks apart and a vitamin powder with a beta carotene prOformed source of vitamin A. This leaves it up to you to decide if/when your chameleon needs any preformed vitamin A by watching for symptoms...including eye issues.
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Dripper, it drips into his plant and I hope he gets some, not often. So no misting? Misting would be helpful for the humidity.
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? I GUESS BROWN AND WHITE, CANT TELL IF ITS OSCAR OR MY BASILISKS POOP BUT I SAW YELLOW TOO Is your basilisk in the same cage? I would keep them in separate cages.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
UM, HE HAS BEEN INJURED A FAIR AMOUNT OF TIMES AND IM TRYING TO REPAIR MYSELF, ASWELL AD HIM
Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? A METAL BARRED CAGE.
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? UVB, and maybe heat, or daylight bulbWhat UVB light are you using specifically....brand and type...long linear or twisted or what?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? I don’t pay attention. temperature is important to know. Too cold and they won't be able to digest the food properly ..too hot isn't good either.
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? Not sure How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Not sure
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Watermelon peppolinia is that non toxic? I've never heard of it. Does he nibble on it at all?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? My room, and I have a fan always on. His cage is really high.
Location - Where are you geographically located? Texas

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. Eating and Eyes.

Regarding the eating...I would use other insects than superworms fed on meal. I would also be sure to supplement properly too. Does he get any time outside?

Regarding the eyes...I need to know what the UVB light is and any other light you're using on the cage. I would remove the basilisk from the cage too. I need to know about the plant as well.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? VEILED CHAMELEON, MALE, 2++ YEARS, 2+ YEARS
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? DAILY
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? A lot of super worms, daily, they eat meal, I also fed him human food and other things unhealthy, but realized now. Glad you figured out that at least some of the human food wasn't good for him. Crickets are a good staple because they are easy to get, easy to feed/gutload...but silkworms, hornworms, roaches, BSFL, locusts and once in a while, superworms, waxworms are good too. It's important to feed/gutload the insects well to keep your chameleon healthy. I feed/gutload crickets, roaches, locusts, superworms dandelion greens, kale, collards, endive, escarole, carrots, squash, zucchini, sweet red peppers, sweet potato, and a very small amount of fruit such as apples,mpears, berries, papaya, melon.
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Need to use supplement, I have it but don’t use. I don't know what supplement you have but I would recommend using a phos free calcium powder dusted lightly on the insects at almost all feedings and a phos free calcium/D3 powder lightly on two of the feedings a month two weeks apart and a vitamin powder with a beta carotene prOformed source of vitamin A. This leaves it up to you to decide if/when your chameleon needs any preformed vitamin A by watching for symptoms...including eye issues.
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Dripper, it drips into his plant and I hope he gets some, not often. So no misting? Misting would be helpful for the humidity.
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? I GUESS BROWN AND WHITE, CANT TELL IF ITS OSCAR OR MY BASILISKS POOP BUT I SAW YELLOW TOO Is your basilisk in the same cage? I would keep them in separate cages.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
UM, HE HAS BEEN INJURED A FAIR AMOUNT OF TIMES AND IM TRYING TO REPAIR MYSELF, ASWELL AD HIM
Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? A METAL BARRED CAGE.
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? UVB, and maybe heat, or daylight bulbWhat UVB light are you using specifically....brand and type...long linear or twisted or what?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? I don’t pay attention. temperature is important to know. Too cold and they won't be able to digest the food properly ..too hot isn't good either.
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? Not sure How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Not sure
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Watermelon peppolinia is that non toxic? I've never heard of it. Does he nibble on it at all?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? My room, and I have a fan always on. His cage is really high.
Location - Where are you geographically located? Texas

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. Eating and Eyes.

Regarding the eating...I would use other insects than superworms fed on meal. I would also be sure to supplement properly too. Does he get any time outside?

Regarding the eyes...I need to know what the UVB light is and any other light you're using on the cage. I would remove the basilisk from the cage too. I need to know about the plant as well.
Okay. The plant is non toxic I’m pretty sure. I have a mister but it stopped working-

I couldn't find anything on a peppelonia and have never heard of it either. Could you please post a picture of the plant?

Here you go.

Attachments

• 8428130D-1104-4C15-8E06-ECEBFB5BB12F.jpeg
    8428130D-1104-4C15-8E06-ECEBFB5BB12F.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 0DB25FB5-5255-497F-89F4-6A55F47A367B.jpeg
    0DB25FB5-5255-497F-89F4-6A55F47A367B.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 118
Okay here’s a picture of his cage it’s spacious but not a lot of plants around, red container is to pick up water from the dripper so cage Doesn’t flood. I know I need to More but what?

The plant does look like a kind of peperomia to me, I don't know much about its toxicity with chameleons, I just know its safe for my dart frogs. Is that how the light is in the chameleon enclosure? He doesn't seem to have an appropriate area to bask or perch anywhere, and there is not enough plant cover, or way to sustain consistent temperatures and humidity in the enclosure. He can also get burned, and the basilisk can stress him out, and cohabitation is not very good for chameleons.

What are the flat things dividing the space between the basilisk and the chameleon?

I really don't like the idea of the divided cage...but for now at least...
I would put more branches horizontally and vertically in the chameleons part of the cage and a pothos plant and try to get some real non toxic greenery up higher in the chameleons part too.

What are the flat things dividing the space between the basilisk and the chameleon?

I really don't like the idea of the divided cage...but for now at least...
I would put more branches horizontally and vertically in the chameleons part of the cage and a pothos plant and try to get some real non toxic greenery up higher in the chameleons part too.
Probably will combine their cages. They aren’t bothered by each other, I’ve got pictures of them side by side.

The way that you have all of those branches on the bottom...you should do something similar to the top. Just avoid getting too close to your basking light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom