Emergency lighting for my Zilla

RJChamers

My uv light burned out in a weeks time, and its going to take about a week to get a new one shipped. Can I use a compact uv bulb until the new one arrives with out hurting him? He just turned 1 year.

My uv light burned out in a weeks time, and its going to take about a week to get a new one shipped. Can I use a compact uv bulb until the new one arrives with out hurting him? He just turned 1 year.
So I will let others chime in on this one. But if you have no UVB lighting due to the burn out then I would put the Compact on for now. Just check your temps as well to ensure it is not too hot. Is the replacement a T5 or T8?

T5 6% arcadia, I ordered 2 so I wont have this issue again. I also just bought an Odyssea quad and Ill replace one of those lamps with the new arcadia. Thanks

T5 6% arcadia, I ordered 2 so I wont have this issue again. I also just bought an Odyssea quad and Ill replace one of those lamps with the new arcadia. Thanks
Yeah then I would put on the compact so there is at least some UVB rather then having none at all for the week. :) I love the arcadia brand.

Back
Top Bottom