Elly's New Free Range

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
Elly will be 3 months old tomorrow and my husband has been working on a new free range for her in our hall bathroom.....our girls are going to be upset when they come to visit but they will get over it.:p It's not completely finished yet but she was able to hang out in it today. Elly's still very tiny but she had no problems getting around on it.

Ellysnewfreerange122810001.jpg

Ellysnewfreerange122810003.jpg

Ellysnewfreerange122810005.jpg

Ellysnewfreerange122810008.jpg

Your setup is too high off the ground for my liking. Consider keeping the chameleon elevated no more than 3 feet till they get to be about 6-7 months. They are good "fallers" when they get older.

Your setup is too high off the ground for my liking. Consider keeping the chameleon elevated no more than 3 feet till they get to be about 6-7 months. They are good "fallers" when they get older.

Jann is a very experienced keeper and has other chameleons! She knows what she is doing!!! BTW Jann.. looks great! Your chams are all very lucky!!!

Last edited:
I love bathroom free ranges :) You can open the window for some sun!

I do somewhat agree with the height thing, only because she is so small and bathtubs are so hard. :) maybe some fleece would solve the problem. Fleece let's the water drain if you don't use a softener in the wash. I use it for my guinea pigs because they pee so much and they empty their water for fun. I wouldn't like stepping in puddles of pee.

I do somewhat agree with the height thing, only because she is so small and bathtubs are so hard. :) maybe some fleece would solve the problem. Fleece let's the water drain if you don't use a softener in the wash. I use it for my guinea pigs because they pee so much and they empty their water for fun. I wouldn't like stepping in puddles of pee.

Great idea! Until I get the fleece, I'll use a few thick soft bath towels crumpled up all around the bottom. I don't really mist her to heavily right now so the towels should work for a few days. I wouldn't want to take any chances with little Elly.

Neat idea Jann! I love how simple the pedestal design is! Does he stay in the tub all the time? Must not be using that bathroom too often...? Thanks for sharing!

Neat idea Jann! I love how simple the pedestal design is! Does he stay in the tub all the time? Must not be using that bathroom too often...? Thanks for sharing!

Jon, she definitely want be staying in the bathtub all the time. It will be a place for her to get some morning sun and to hang when I'm not home. She has a small tree on my bar in the kitchen where she chills with me when I'm home.

When you get the fleece, you may need to wash it a few times without any softener. Some fleeces won't let liquids drain until they are a little 'worn.' Get the anti-pill fleece. :) they have all sorts of fun colors and designs to pick too. :D My guinea pigs seem to like my fleece with dinosaurs on it the best. I'm sure Elly won't care too much though.

When you get the fleece, you may need to wash it a few times without any softener. Some fleeces won't let liquids drain until they are a little 'worn.' Get the anti-pill fleece. :) they have all sorts of fun colors and designs to pick too. :D My guinea pigs seem to like my fleece with dinosaurs on it the best. I'm sure Elly won't care too much though.

Thanks for all the info Kara.

Back
Top Bottom