Elliot after a nice shed

meganm85

here is a pic of King Arthur and some pics of Elliot...i came home yesterday to find out that he just shed...FINALLY!!...:D

Attachments

• DSC01271.jpg
    DSC01271.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC01273.jpg
    DSC01273.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC01274.jpg
    DSC01274.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC01275.jpg
    DSC01275.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC01276.jpg
    DSC01276.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 84
thank you!!! i was waiting forever for him to shed...he was so ashy looking for awhile now..i love how Elliots bars are purplish.....i need to get some better pics of King Arthur...im sure he will be shedding soon..im surprised he didnt yet because of the way he eats!! lol.......

heyhey

hey, i was wondering how long it took for your guy to shed or if theres anything i should be doing to speed up the process? my louis over here is looking pretty ashy & it been about 3 weeks that hes been looking this way. his cage sits at a good humidity level, he is sprayed regularly & gets a shower occasionaly. ur cham looks awesome by the way... any input would be appreciated, thanks.

justin

hey, i was wondering how long it took for your guy to shed or if theres anything i should be doing to speed up the process? my louis over here is looking pretty ashy & it been about 3 weeks that hes been looking this way. his cage sits at a good humidity level, he is sprayed regularly & gets a shower occasionaly. ur cham looks awesome by the way... any input would be appreciated, thanks.

justin

Elliot was ashy looking for about 3 weeks....all i do is mist him with warm water..he loves it....thats really the only thing you can do....i know some ppl use shedding sprays but most ppl would agree long warm mistings work best...you cant rush it...when i first got him the week of Christmas he shed twice within i think 3 weeks....it takes them longer when they get older...so far he shed 3 times since i got him and that was at the end of December....and thanks for the compliment....he is an amazing guy! lol...hope this helped!

They are beautiful!! Elliot looks just like Boj's cham, Farley, from Nemo @ chameleons northwest. He's even getting purple bars sometimes now!! Crazy!

They are beautiful!! Elliot looks just like Boj's cham, Farley, from Nemo @ chameleons northwest. He's even getting purple bars sometimes now!! Crazy!

thank you! i think i already told Boj that they looked alike..lol....i think his sire is patron from chameleons northwest....they have great chams there....i love how his bars are purplish....he came out today to explore and i got some really nice pics of him....im so amazed!!!!

Lookin' good, Elliot! (And King Arthur.) Thaxter seemed like he went around slightly ashy forever before his last shed; he looks so clean and crisp now, but his feet are just beginning to get the "going to shed sometime" look.

Lookin' good, Elliot! (And King Arthur.) Thaxter seemed like he went around slightly ashy forever before his last shed; he looks so clean and crisp now, but his feet are just beginning to get the "going to shed sometime" look.

thank you!!!yeah i was getting anxious...i kept telling myself...today is the day he is going to shed...lol...and of course when i got home from work my b/f said he finally shed.... so i missed it...he said he just popped right out of it....every shed he had so far was a perfect shed...once they get bigger does it take them longer to shed certain parts?...

...once they get bigger does it take them longer to shed certain parts?...
Thaxter sheds in pieces (probably since he was 1.5 - 2 years old?) - a foot here, a tail there... and the pieces take longer to shed - once he really "decides" to go for it, it can still take a couple days for the part that's shedding to complete the shed.

Back
Top Bottom